The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2021

cuida1991

I took this back in 2017 and may have posted an image then but am working on it again and wanted to get a reaction. Taken with my Phase 3100, Actus and Schneider 60mm XL. Even though the Schneider lens has a large image circle I knew that double movements would be pushing the lens so I decided to get maximum rise and pan for the horizontal. Two images in portrait position were taken to make this 4X3 image.

Taken in the Dolomites with the town of Ortesei on the left where I stayed for the duration of my trip.

Victor B.

View attachment 186337
Awesome picture! Can you please comment on the 60XL lens? Such as the image quality both in the center and the edge; and how much shift/rise can it achieve on IQ3 100mp before LCC cannot correct the color? Thank you so much.

dchew

Awesome picture! Can you please comment on the 60XL lens? Such as the image quality both in the center and the edge; and how much shift/rise can it achieve on IQ3 100mp before LCC cannot correct the color? Thank you so much.
I'm not Victor, but I do have some some experience with the 60xl and IQ180/3100/4150. I think it is quite good and a wonderful focal length. I use it frequently to make panoramas shifted 18mm each way then stitched to make a 9:4 pano. A few examples are below. the second and third are with the IQ3100. I have some raw files already loaded up in Dropbox here:
60xl Raw Files

There are two three groups of images:
  1. Four named "sk60xl..." that are typical bookcase images. All four images are with the IQ3100 mounted in landscape then shifted 18mm. The bottom right corner is the edge of the image circle @ 98mm. Left center of the image is the center of the image circle (somewhere around the Phase One box). There is one image @ f/5.6 with an associated LCC, and another @ f/11 with associated LCC.
  2. Four raw images shifted the same way in the field. This is with the IQ4150, so not quite as relevant. All at f/11; shifted right, then shift left with associated LCC's. Also a jpeg of the associated pano, shown below.
  3. Edit: raw files added for Two Medicine Lake images including LCC's.
I could dig up the raw files for the second/third images below if it would help you. They are both shot with the 3100 in 2016, so the raw files are in my archived drive.

Dave

Edit: As for image circle size, that is a personal criteria and also quite image-dependent. On the 3100, I used this criteria:
  • No issues out to 90mm.
  • Generally ok out to 100mm. No issue with detail @ f/11, but if the color is critical at the image edge you need to take care.
  • I don't have any experience beyond 100mm w/ 3100. All of my images with the 3100 were created with the Alpa STC, which only shifts 18mm, for a max IC of ~ 98mm.

DChew_210624_00054_P1-FrameShop.jpg

DChew_161024_00355_P1-FrameShop.jpg

DChew_160619_00164-FrameShop.jpg

Last edited:

P. Chong

An old unagi shop known as Kawa Toyo with a 110 year old history of serving the delicacy. This is their honten (flagship) store in Narita, Japan. Photographed at dusk, just before the main dinner crowd. Mid-autumn 2018. Hasselblad H3D-39 with HCD 4/28 lens. Hand held, approx 1/6s at f/8.

kawatoyo-honten-street.jpg

Last edited:

Ed Hurst

Dee Why Lagoon. Amazingly, this place is no more than 5 mins' drive (and 10 mins' walk from the car park) from where I live, but I have only just discovered this lovely island of vegetation. It's quite tucked away and you have to make your way through some quite dense undergrowth before even realising it's there.

Pentax 645Z with 28-45 DA @ 39mm

diggles

Here are some images of the Southeast Wyoming Welcome Center. Like the Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge photo by @Ray Harrison above this is another example of a government building with interesting architecture.

Fuji GFX100s + GF45mm f11
_GFX2333.jpg

Fuji GFX100s + GF23mm f11
_GFX2235.jpg

Fuji GFX100s + GF23mm f11 (cropped to 16x9 in post)
_GFX2163.jpg

Ed Hurst

In Sydney's north, Narrabeen Lake is circumnavigated by a popular footpath / bike trail, a short section of which is built on a pleasingly-curved bridge. I decided that it would make a grand place for a star trail image, with the bridge itself picked out by bicycle light trails, choosing a moonlit night, so that the scene would be pleasingly illuminated. I didn't want to do this early in the evening when cyclists and walkers might object to my tripod being set up astride the walkway. So the trip was made late at night, with my own bike on the car, and cycled back & forth in the scene to create traffic, having to cycle directly under the tripod as I went. It's the first time a picture required me to bring my camera bag, a tripod, stepladders and a bike! No one else passed for the whole period I was there (about 3 hours).

Pentax 645Z with 28-45mm DA lens @ 45mm

vjbelle

As Dave has very well posted the 60mm is a very nice lens and a great focal length for me. I use it as my wide angle lens. When I shot it on my 3100 I found that under certain conditions an LCC would be desirable. It's rare for me to shift beyond 10mm but even then with some sky conditions an LCC could be needed. It's not a big deal or file killer as with other lenses and you could easily have stock LCC files made and just use those. This just pertains to the 3100 as the 4150 has mostly eliminated the use of LCC correction.

Victor B.

P. Chong

Testing out my new Fujifilm GFX 50S II, production unit, delivered on Thursday. Both photographs taken with the GF 50mm f/3.5.

View of Shaw Center from Ion Orchard. Just before sunset (6:51pm). Classic Negative film simulation in ACR.

shaw.jpg

A bit later, photograph of Ion Orchard. This one in Velvia film simulation.

ion.jpg