The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2021

Ed Hurst

Yesterday, there were some nice Sydney storms. Hail, tornado warnings, heavy lightning activity, etc.. I headed out once work permitted (which meant I did miss out on a lot of the best stuff) but snagged this. Well, not quite this. The lightning strike wasn't quite where I wanted it to be, so some editing was involved.

Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 28-45mm lens @ 28mm

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Not my usual style of image, but I had to get out today to record the final trip of one of Sydney's famous Manly ferries. Plying their way the seven nautical miles from Circular Quay (in the centre of Sydney) to Manly wharf (on the city's Northern Beaches), the ferry is one of the historic sights people come to see and enjoy. The current vessels date back to the 80s, but they are about to be retired and replaced by smaller, soulless, modern heaps of junk! It's been very controversial, with enormous campaigns to save them; so far, two out of the four vessels are to be kept to operate weekend and special services, but they won't just be the whole, normal fleet as they were. And two of them are being retired.
Very sad. One of my go-to activities whenever I visited Sydney was to take the Manly ferry or the one that took multiple stops around the bay. The newer soulless ferries just aren’t the same. A similar thing happened in London with the Thames albeit a while ago now.

Ed Hurst

Very sad. One of my go-to activities whenever I visited Sydney was to take the Manly ferry or the one that took multiple stops around the bay. The newer soulless ferries just aren’t the same. A similar thing happened in London with the Thames albeit a while ago now.
At least for now, two of these nice big ferries remain in operation, albeit in a more limited and somehow artificial way. But they are there, plying their trade between Sydney and Manly, so they must be enjoyed before an excuse is found to retire those too, by the people who 'know the price of everything and the value of nothing.'

P. Chong

At lunch this afternoon, passed by this new restaurant (one week old). Decided to try the food...fabulous Pakistani cuisine. And took these photographs. Suntec City, Singapore. Fujifilm GFX 50S II with Hasselblad HCD 4/28 + H Adapter. X-Pan mode done in post processing. I am getting to like this wide format quite a lot.

kebabchi-front.jpg

kebabchi-inside.jpg

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Combining two of my favorite activities

"Chopin Op25 No6" Leica S(007), Hasselblad HC 300/4.5, 1 second at f/6.8.

Matt

(My wife saw this picture and said "It's a blurry hand." When I looked hurt she said "What? I compliment your pictures when they're good...." :rolleyes:)

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
The IQ250/WRS with HR32 f/16 at 7s.

This construction project in downtown DC managed to preserve all of the early 1800 buildings to include moving several from their structures and move to new locations on the site to make way for this modern building by SBA architects.View attachment 188706View attachment 188707
Your attachment link doesn't work. The JPG link does. If you can get the images to display directly, it would be much easier for everyone to see your work.