The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2021

jng

Thanksgiving Eve
P11_24_2021_1513_2m00s_AFA_2x1_25-50-25-denoise-FrameShop_1.jpg
WRS 1250 | IQ4 150 | Zeiss 350/5.6 Tele-Superachromat | f/11 | 2 min Automated Frame Averaging​

It's been a while... Conditions tonight were crystal clear with little to no wind, and with work slowing down for the long weekend and the buildings on the Embarcadero lit up for the holidays, I decided it was time to visit my muse. Best wishes to all for Thanksgiving - 2021 has been a tough year but there's still much for which to be thankful.

John

jeffreybehr

Thanksgiving Eve
View attachment 189643
WRS 1250 | IQ4 150 | Zeiss 350/5.6 Tele-Superachromat | f/11 | 2 min Automated Frame Averaging​

It's been a while... Conditions tonight were crystal clear with little to no wind, and with work slowing down for the long weekend and the buildings on the Embarcadero lit up for the holidays, I decided it was time to visit my muse. Best wishes to all for Thanksgiving - 2021 has been a tough year but there's still much for which to be thankful.

John
Wow, that's nothing short of spectacular. WAY TO GO! Wish it were mine...but I've 'got' the Mogollon Rim. 😊

• Thanks
Reactions: jng

dj may

I will be in Tuscany from December 6-18. I will be staying in the village of Selvatelle, which is near Pisa. If any of the "medium formatters" in the area would like to meet, please send me a message. I am fully vaccinated and observe all the safety protocols.

Leica S-006, Elmarit-S 30

jng

Persimmon @ One O'Clock
2021-11-26 10-54-21 (C,Smoothing2)-sq-FrameShop.jpg
WRS 1250 | IQ4 150 | Zeiss 120 S-Planar | f/5.6 | 13-image focus stack​

This one persimmon caught my eye from among the others we had on the kitchen counter. I set it aside and kept it from being baked into the galette my wife was prepping for yesterday's Thanksgiving feast, so that I could photograph it this morning.

John

jng

Fiat Lux!
P11_26_2021b_1604-05_blend_1m00s_AFA-4x5-v2-FrameShop_1.jpg
WRS 1250 | IQ4 150 | Zeiss 350/5.6 Tele-Superachromat | f/11 | 1m00s, Automated Frame Average​

I've been meaning to get back to this location to photograph UC Berkeley's Sather Tower (aka the Campanile) with a clear view of the Golden Gate in the background. Twilight started out just OK after the sun dipped below the horizon, with hints of reddish orange appearing to the left and right of the frame. And then I noticed the flaming colors on the clouds slowly moving in from both sides, meeting in the middle and filling in the sky over the bridge. It's good to be out shooting again...

John

Greg Haag

Before visiting Horseshoe Bend I did not understand the scale of this view. I cropped the sky out of this, it just seemed to add nothing to the image. I would like to revisit this shot and try again, have the same feelings about Monument Valley.

IQ4 150 Cambo1600 Rodenstock 32

Horseshoe Bend-1.jpg