The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2021

dj may

Jesse, your hard work, dedication and amazing ability to capture such images leave me without words. :)

The images are superb and render me almost breathless as I pour over them. Beautiful!

Thank you for sharing. The next time I grumble about getting out of bed at 3am to drive to our neighborhood lake two miles away for a pre-dawn photo session, I will bite my tongue and try to imagine what your Transitions project must have required of you. Wow.:):):)
Thank you for the kind words, Dave.

schuster

This lemongrass plant, in a pot on my deck, was whipping around on a windy day. As an old studio photographer, I am used to working methodically, making just a few exposures after fussing over the scene for an hour or more. Not this time. Those blades of grass were moving so quickly that I could just see enough to know there were some beautiful shapes taking place within fractions of seconds. I shot about a dozen images. This one was 1/500 @ f8, Zeiss Sonnar Superachromat CFi 250mm, Phase One IQ-160 back on a Hasselblad 503CW.

lemongrass.jpg

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
The S3 is back from Germany! So instead of a cat, you're getting the roast chamber of an Ikawa Home fluid bed (AKA popcorn popper) roaster. Ok, this and popcorn poppers are both *examples* of fluid bed roasters. The heat comes from hot air rather than, say, from a hot drum, open flame, frying pan, or heat gun. (Don't laugh - the heat gun and dog food bowl coffee roasting is a venerable technique). Anyway, S120/2.5 Macro focused on the vents at the bottom of the roasting chamber.

Matt

Shashin

The S3 is back from Germany! So instead of a cat, you're getting the roast chamber of an Ikawa Home fluid bed (AKA popcorn popper) roaster. Ok, this and popcorn poppers are both *examples* of fluid bed roasters. The heat comes from hot air rather than, say, from a hot drum, open flame, frying pan, or heat gun. (Don't laugh - the heat gun and dog food bowl coffee roasting is a venerable technique). Anyway, S120/2.5 Macro focused on the vents at the bottom of the roasting chamber.

Matt
So much better than a cat...

(I don't know why, but the phrase "from soup to nuts" popped into my head...)

Ray Harrison

Matt
I have to say that my wife loves Soup. A lot. A recent image of an uninterested Soup brought much happiness to our household. :D

Ray Harrison

CF000290.jpg
Morning walk today, bright morning. Trying to learn to see in B&W again after many years (and film at that). Obviously not there yet :D . But kicking the tires on a new to me IQ3100 Achromatic (only driven to church on Sundays, thanks @Steve Hendrix! ). Cropped 45mm BR / XF. Yesterday's was on a Cambo w/ 40mm Digaron-W. I had to use the IQ4 to open the aperture on the lens (X-shutter). Tedious but I don't tend to change aperture too much so once set, I'm generally good.