The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave.gt

Slowly I am working my way through 173 images from just this week. :) Editing has been hard because I have little time to do it.

Edit:
A significant image from a personal standpoint, but not so much a creative one. This was a documentary image because the H5 is on its way to a new owner. Another chapter in my life has closed.

The Last Photograph
Hasselblad H5D-50c, 80/2.8:
6FF31464-F8CC-4DF0-B81D-EB157F42006B.jpeg

I chose this as the last image for the H5, not because of any creative opportunity, but because when one leaves our home, this is the last thing to be seen. Our mailbox adorned with dozens of Clematis blooms. It, too, is reaching the end of its season, but it has had a beautiful Spring!

Last edited:

dave.gt

The extremes of emotion when one is excited trying out a new camera system are familiar to everyone in the forum, I am sure.
This was my first image with the Hasselblad H5D-50c upon arriving home after purchasing it from Steve Hendrix at Capture Integration.

68D4B175-C538-4C4A-B729-A09205927750.jpeg

I knew then that the H system would be special. And it was … very special. It is hard letting go, but life changes occur.
But all is not lost, I still have a film back and 120 film. Just in case….:(

Last edited:

drevil

Staff member

Back to my Sunday hiking routine, should have gone on Saturday again!
Bad weather that day, it was raining the whole night before, and my trousers and shoes were drenched in no time.

Still lots of fun and from time to time interesting clouds

In the black and white image i was utilizing the brenizer method, with the C645 120mm

Ed Hurst

I was recently back in my home country, and took the opportunity to shoot this (various other subjects will follow when I have had the time to catch up on my editing).

The Palace of Westminster from Parliament Square. Note that the clock had, in fact, stopped - due to major restoration work that was underway. This isn't a result of my edits!

Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 645 55mm DFA lens.

GeorgeBo

Let me add to the thread under the theme of "if you own it, go out and shoot it". While I am building out and figuring out what to add to my XCD lens kit for 907x, I figured I should put some old medium format lenses that are just collecting dust to work. I have several Nikkor for Bronica lenses for an EC-TLII. So with some adapter plumbing I took them out for a hike yesterday evening. Posting a couple below and will post a couple shots of the contraption over on the BTS thread.

Both below with Nikkor-DC 40mm f/4

George

B9678636.jpg

B9678630.jpg

Ed Hurst

A picture I have had in the back of my mind for quite some time. Finally managed to take it recently.

Sydneysiders will frequently have looked at weather radar images from this installation, situated in Terrey Hills. It covers a wide area and provides millions of people with an insight to what's about to hit them!

Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 645 55mm DFA lens

Ed Hurst

And now another shot from my recent visit to the UK. This time taken in my home town of Grantham, where my dear mother still lives. St. Wulfram's church (or its predecessors) has soared over the town since the 12th century... I went to school in its shadow and it somehow still exerts a strong tug on my soul. I even used to ring its bells in my teens! And all this despite never having been a religious person. The town is just steeped in it.

Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 645 150mm FA lens

dave.gt

A picture I have had in the back of my mind for quite some time. Finally managed to take it recently.

Sydneysiders will frequently have looked at weather radar images from this installation, situated in Terrey Hills. It covers a wide area and provides millions of people with an insight to what's about to hit them!

Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 645 55mm DFA lens
Very cool!:):);)

Greg Haag

Let me add to the thread under the theme of "if you own it, go out and shoot it". While I am building out and figuring out what to add to my XCD lens kit for 907x, I figured I should put some old medium format lenses that are just collecting dust to work. I have several Nikkor for Bronica lenses for an EC-TLII. So with some adapter plumbing I took them out for a hike yesterday evening. Posting a couple below and will post a couple shots of the contraption over on the BTS thread.

Both below with Nikkor-DC 40mm f/4

George

George, I took your "if you own it, go out and shoot it" suggestion this morning. I did not have time to focus stack, I may tonight on our Peonies.

GFX100S with adapted Leica 120mm
George

George, I took your "if you own it, go out and shoot it" suggestion this morning. I did not have time to focus stack, I may tonight on our Peonies.

GFX100S with adapted Leica 120mm
Flowersmall-1.jpg

Greg Haag

Peonies are my youngest daughters favorite flowers, so about 4 years ago we planted a Peony garden so that she could have a bouquet from that garden. She is getting married in our back yard next month, so we are harvesting flowers in preparation. An interesting thing about Peonies is that you can cut them just before the blossom opens, wrap them in something like newspaper then put them in a plastic bag in the refrigerator and they will keep for months. You take the out of the refrigerator and in just a few days you have beautiful blossoms.

GFX100S adapted Leica S 120mm

flower focus stackedv2-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.