The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Hurst

Peonies are my youngest daughters favorite flowers, so about 4 years ago we planted a Peony garden so that she could have a bouquet from that garden. She is getting married in our back yard next month, so we are harvesting flowers in preparation. An interesting thing about Peonies is that you can cut them just before the blossom opens, wrap them in something like newspaper then put them in a plastic bag in the refrigerator and they will keep for months. You take the out of the refrigerator and in just a few days you have beautiful blossoms.

GFX100S adapted Leica S 120mm

View attachment 193942
Absolutely beautiful image, Greg!

jng

Peonies are my youngest daughters favorite flowers, so about 4 years ago we planted a Peony garden so that she could have a bouquet from that garden. She is getting married in our back yard next month, so we are harvesting flowers in preparation. An interesting thing about Peonies is that you can cut them just before the blossom opens, wrap them in something like newspaper then put them in a plastic bag in the refrigerator and they will keep for months. You take the out of the refrigerator and in just a few days you have beautiful blossoms.

View attachment 193942
Congratulations, Greg! (And beautiful image as well!)

John

GeorgeBo

View attachment 193942
That is good info to know about how to delay the blooms. Did not know that.

Also congratulations to your daughter and your family. Condolences to your wallet ;)

Ed Hurst

Built in 1968, 'Lady Cutler' worked hard in Sydney Harbour ferrying people around until she was decommissioned in 1991. Following a long and complex period, in which she changed hands more than once and received an extensive rebuild, she re-entered service in Melbourne in 2008. Here she is seen tied up in the Docklands area, with the Bolte Bridge in the background. It was so calm that even an exposure lasting several minutes is pin sharp!

Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 645 28-45mm lens @ 28mm

dave.gt

Built in 1968, 'Lady Cutler' worked hard in Sydney Harbour ferrying people around until she was decommissioned in 1991. Following a long and complex period, in which she changed hands more than once and received an extensive rebuild, she re-entered service in Melbourne in 2008. Here she is seen tied up in the Docklands area, with the Bolte Bridge in the background. It was so calm that even an exposure lasting several minutes is pin sharp!

Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 645 28-45mm lens @ 28mm

Ed, how long was your exposure? ND filter?

Ed Hurst

Ed, how long was your exposure? ND filter?
The main exposure was 4 mins. No ND - it was pre-dawn and very dark. I did blend with two shorter exposures for the brighter parts of the scene. For some reason the exposure details shown in Flickr are from one of those shorter exposure files.

dave.gt

The main exposure was 4 mins. No ND - it was pre-dawn and very dark. I did blend with two shorter exposures for the brighter parts of the scene. For some reason the exposure details shown in Flickr are from one of those shorter exposure files.
Thanks, Ed…

you have given me a few ideas!!!!:):):)

jng

Starburst

Starburst by John Ngai, on Flickr
WRS1250 | IQ4150 | Zeiss 5.6/120 S-Planar | f/5.6 | 64-image focus stack​

While out on a walk in the neighborhood this morning I noticed a tree with these amazing flowers, each resembling a mini-explosion of color and form. I'm not 100% sure but I think this is from the Scarlet Bottlebrush (Callistemon citrinus) tree. It felt good to get off my butt and take on this little mini-project andshake out the mental cobwebs, as I haven't been spending much if any time on photography lately.

John

Last edited:

Ed Hurst

Sorry about the recent abundance of star trail images from me. It's just sort of worked out that way!

This one is a bit of a case study in handling extreme lighting conditions, while still capturing the stars. Aren't modern sensors amazing? Though quite a bit of processing care was needed to balance everything.

Port Botany container terminal in Sydney. Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 645 150mm FA lens.

Ed Hurst

Starburst

Starburst by John Ngai, on Flickr
WRS1250 | IQ4150 | Zeiss 5.6/120 S-Planar | f/5.6 | 64-image focus stack​

While out on a walk in the neighborhood this morning I noticed a tree with these amazing flowers, each resembling a mini-explosion of color and form. I'm not 100% sure but I think this is from the Scarlet Bottlebrush (Callistemon citrinus) tree. It felt good to get off my butt and take on this little mini-project andshake out the mental cobwebs, as I haven't been spending much if any time on photography lately.

John
Love that, John!

• Thanks
Reactions: jng

Abstraction

Sorry about the recent abundance of star trail images from me. It's just sort of worked out that way!

This one is a bit of a case study in handling extreme lighting conditions, while still capturing the stars. Aren't modern sensors amazing? Though quite a bit of processing care was needed to balance everything.

Port Botany container terminal in Sydney. Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 645 150mm FA lens.
Hi Ed,

Now that you've had some time to work with the GFX 100 and the Pentax lenses, how do you like that set up vs the old Pentax 645z you had? How was the transition from an optical viewfinder to the EVF? Any other experiences you want to share?

Please do you have also an image without your typical light stripes ?

vieri

View attachment 193942
This is just beautiful, Greg! Loved it!

Best,

Vieri

Ed Hurst

And now some pictures taken during a trip I took last month to Melbourne

Southbank seen from East Melbourne
Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 67 55-100mm lens @ approx. 80mm
_DSF4698_BWVersionStep8FlatsRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr

The CBD and Southbank seen from East Melbourne
Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 645 25mm DA lens