The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave.gt

I took this picture a few years ago of our dog Biscuit, she died unexpectedly 2 days ago and we buried her in our back yard yesterday. She brought so much joy and we get so attached.

Leica S006 120mm
View attachment 194559
Oh, man, so sorry to hear about Biscuit. Such a sweet dog! I know that hurt and I wish you all better days and fond memories ahead.

What breed is Biscuit? Such a lovely dog… :)

Greg Haag

Oh, man, so sorry to hear about Biscuit. Such a sweet dog! I know that hurt and I wish you all better days and fond memories ahead.

What breed is Biscuit? Such a lovely dog… :)
Thanks Dave! She was a Cavapoo, a cross between a King Charles Cavalier and a Toy Poodle.

Ed Hurst

On 12th and 13th June, I ventured west from Sydney, over the Blue Mountains and onto the plains beyond. A steam loco. was doing a series of trips, based around Bathurst (venturing as far as Orange). I decided this needed to be experienced, especially as the loco. in question was no. 6029 - a 4-8-4+4-8-4 AD60 Garratt dating back to 1954.

Fuji GFX100S + Pentax 67 55-100mm lens @ 55mm - shows the train near Athol on the climb from Blayney to Newbridge

This, by the way, is a small crop taken moments before, with the same lens (I knew 102MP would come in useful some time)

At the top of Tumulla Bank, with GFX100S and Pentax 645 150mm FA lens

And attempt a day earlier in rather worse conditions (GFX100S with Pentax 67 55-100mm lens @ 100mm)

At which point I also turned around and took this (same lens, but at 55mm)

Leaving Georges Plains (GFX100S with Pentax 55-100mm lens @ circa 90mm)

Last edited:

Ed Hurst

Dee Why Lagoon, in Sydney's Northern Beaches, is surrounded by surburbia these days, but still retains a wild quality. Hard to believe that it was felt to be so much at risk during World War II of becoming a landing place for the Japanese that tank traps were installed in the area...

Taken with the kind assistance of some friends, whose house has this view (not visible from public places).

Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 67 200mm f4 late lens

Ed Hurst

Moonee Ponds Creek Viaduct is situated in the suburbs of Melbourne, sitting amongst suburban streets and, these days, overshadowed by the distant Central Business District and the airport. But it still sees regular traffic, including heavy freight trains. It seems like a vestige of an older world somehow...

Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 67 200mm f4 late lens, with conditions shifting from sunset glows, through a distant rain shower (when the light picked out the city's tallest building) and blue hour...
_DSF8965Step6sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr
_DSF8979Step6sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr
_DSF9003Step13sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.