The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Hurst

More Melbourne railway goodness. This time, the rush hour traffic working in and out of Flinders Street station. The buildings of South Bank are to the left and the main CBD is to the right. The whole area around the left side of the foreground would once have been railway sidings. Somewhere, out of shot to the left, are Melbourne Park (where the Australian Open tennis is held) and the Melbourne Cricket Ground or 'MCG' (simply a heavenly place for all Aussie cricket fans, especially Victorians - who simply know it as 'the G').

Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 645 28-45mm lens @ 28mm
_DSF8893Step7sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr

Ed Hurst

My wife and I love being on the Blue Ridge Parkway for sunset. This particular evening there seemed to be so many layers as you looked across the horizon.

Leica S007 w Hasselblad HC210
View attachment 194620
Absolutely stunning, Greg - love it so much!
If you don't mind a suggestion, have you considered cropping a bit off the bottom and maybe having just a bit more sky? But really, amazing image :)

Greg Haag

If you don't mind a suggestion, have you considered cropping a bit off the bottom and maybe having just a bit more sky? But really, amazing image :)
Thanks for the suggestion Ed, I will give that a try!

anyone

I second that - really an amazing picture! If you still want to experiment a little, a 2:1 crop might also look really good - less foreground and more focus on the layers. Really nice work, you were able to capture the colours, layers, and mood really well.

GeorgeBo

I agree! Living in North Carolina and after many camping trips to the Blue Ridge, seeing this shot is just amazing. Wow at the colors!

George

Greg,
many people have captured that image, myself included; but your rendition is the best ever..just amazing colors
stanley

Greg Haag

I second that - really an amazing picture! If you still want to experiment a little, a 2:1 crop might also look really good - less foreground and more focus on the layers. Really nice work, you were able to capture the colours, layers, and mood really well.
Thank you, I will give that crop a try!

Greg Haag

Greg,
many people have captured that image, myself included; but your rendition is the best ever..just amazing colors
stanley
Thank you so much Stanley, there was a great deal of luck in that shot! There had been forrest fires near the area and we had considered not going but decided to chance it. The lingering smoke played a large part in both the layering in the mountains and the vibrance of the sky.

Greg Haag

I agree! Living in North Carolina and after many camping trips to the Blue Ridge, seeing this shot is just amazing. Wow at the colors!

George
Thank you George! I am jealous, living near the Blue Ridge Mountains must be great! We have an Airstream travel trailer that we love to pull up to the campgrounds in the area, it is so beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.