The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

stngoldberg

Got lucky last evening with a sunset over the Pell bridge which connects Newport, RI to Jamestown, RI. Used both frame averaging and dual exposure while shooting with an IQ4150 and in post processing was impressed with the amount of detail available in the shadows without any noise. Staggering amount of information in my files
Stanley0E0F9AED-0A67-4A08-B162-4B6E982FEED8.jpeg

drunkenspyder

Got lucky last evening with a sunset over the Pell bridge which connects Newport, RI to Jamestown, RI. Used both frame averaging and dual exposure while shooting with an IQ4150 and in post processing was impressed with the amount of detail available in the shadows without any noise. Staggering amount of information in my files
Stanley
Stanley, just to help remove my confusion, you employed both AFA and DE for this image? Or tried them both and picked one for this image? I'm staring at my IQ4.150 and cannot figure out how to do both at the same time. Sorry if I am missing something obvious.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
LONG time since I've been out shooting, even as far as the park. Health, both physical and mental, has returned, and so... Here is the Hasselblad X1D and old 2/110 wide open (or nearly so). Manual focus, tight crop. The CA accentuates the water texture in a way I find very pleasing. The ducks are also in focus (that’s supposed to be a dramatic statement). Tripod used as monopod to aid manual focus.

Best,

Matt

Last edited:

stngoldberg

Stanley, just to help remove my confusion, you employed both AFA and DE for this image? Or tried them both and picked one for this image? I'm staring at my IQ4.150 and cannot figure out how to do both at the same time. Sorry if I am missing something obvious.
Sorry for the confusion. I tried them both independently. I liked the result from the dual exposure best. As you might imagine, the dual exposure yields more contrast.
stanley

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
StanleyView attachment 197025
Stanley,
Amazing! Sometimes over-the-top is perfect.
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.