The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

P. Chong

An interesting building known as Ten Square, Landmark of Good, shown here in the evening. The building features a giant screen showing advertisements and seemed to be just large enough for the floors to showcase one car on each level. Being F1 weekend in Singapore when I photographed this, a couple of F1 cars were also showcased in the lower floors. Fuji GFX 50S II with Hasselblad HCD 4/28.

car-building.jpg

gurtch

Above photos:
Fuji GFX 100S. First image 23mm lens ISO 400 f16, next two images 100-200mm lens ISO 1600, all hand held. Raw images developed with DXO Photolab.
Dave in NJ

vjbelle

Coquille lighthouse just after sunset. I took this very quickly as I hadn't intended to try this image this evening and got there as the sun was almost set. I would have normally focus stacked but didn't have the time. Anyway it turned out pretty well for me.

100s, GF 80mm.

Victor B.

_DSF2770.jpg

schuster

Titled "The Rite of Spring," after the Igor Stravinsky composition for the ballet of the same name. More than a half century ago I saw a photograph in a magazine (probably Life) of an airborne Nureyev or Baryshnikov. I thought it was made by Irving Penn, but couldn't find it on the Web. Then I thought maybe Avedon, but nope, couldn't find it. Does it ring a bell in your visual memory?

The subject is a dried Iris flower, taped to a 6" long stick, lighted by a halogen goose-neck desk lamp and a white cardboard reflector. White wall in the background, white cardboard below. Hand-held little pocket mirror to bounce some light into the shadows. Stick removed with Photoshop.

Hasselblad 503CW, Zeiss Makro-Planar 120mm on a Hasselblad Automatic Bellows Extension, Phase One IQ-160 back. ISO 400, f22, 1.5s.

Click thumbnail to enlarge.
Rite of Spring.jpg

Last edited:

jng

Titled "The Rite of Spring," after the Igor Stravinsky composition for the ballet of the same name. More than a half century ago I saw a photograph in a magazine (probably Life) of and airborne Nureyev or Baryshnikov. I thought it was made by Irving Penn, but couldn't find it on the Web. Then I thought maybe Avedon, but nope, couldn't find it. Does it ring a bell in your visual memory?

The subject is a dried Iris flower, taped to a 6" long stick, lighted by a halogen goose-neck desk lamp and a white cardboard reflector. White wall in the background, white cardboard below. Hand-held little pocket mirror to bounce some light into the shadows. Stick removed with Photoshop.

Hasselblad 503CW, Zeiss Makro-Planar 120mm on a Hasselblad Automatic Bellows Extension, Phase One IQ-160 back. ISO 400, f22, 1.5s.

Click thumbnail to enlarge.
View attachment 197503
This is sublime.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.