The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

jng

Racing the Fog by John Ngai, on Flickr
X2D | Zeiss 5.6/350 Tele-Superachromat | f/11 | 1/5s | ISO 64 | 20-image median blend​

On the evening before Thanksgiving, I managed to catch another low fog event as it was developing under the Golden Gate Bridge and moving into the bay. I have photographed from this location on countless occasions, each time bringing a somewhat different scene to behold.

John

Last edited:

Charles2

RL Deconvolution sharpening is an excellent method. Avoids most of the halos that creep in so easily with Unsharp Mask. RL Deconvolution is available in the sharpening dialog in Raw Therapee. RT can process .tif and .jpg files as well as raw files.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Racing the Fog by John Ngai, on Flickr
X2D | Zeiss 5.6/350 Tele-Superachromat | f/11 | 1/5s | ISO 64 | 20-image median blend​

On the evening before Thanksgiving, I managed to catch another low fog event as it was developing under the Golden Gate Bridge and moving into the bay. I have photographed from this location on countless occasions, each time bringing a somewhat different scene to behold.

John
Lovely!

A LONG time ago (I was shooting a Pentax 6x7 un-ironically), I was a post-doc at the Math Sciences Research Institute. This was the view from my office. It was a bit depressing to realize that I would never again have such a nice view. Much later (Canon 1Ds II), I DID have an office in Times Square with a billboard outside my window of a naked Pamela Anderson Lee riding a giant sneaker, but she was no match for the GG bridge.

PeterA

@vieri - nice set V - number 4 with the two rocks in the foreground - at first I thought the contrast in the larger rock was too white ...but I came back and the more I look at it the more it works. Thanks for posting and IMO that shot has something 'more'.

vieri

@vieri - nice set V - number 4 with the two rocks in the foreground - at first I thought the contrast in the larger rock was too white ...but I came back and the more I look at it the more it works. Thanks for posting and IMO that shot has something 'more'.
Hey Peter, thank you so much, glad you enjoyed it! :)

I believe that that is ice.
It is indeed ice, but many people think it's rocks, and I love the visual ambiguity & the contrast between the fleetingness of ice and the permanency of rocks; it is indeed ice, and therefore fleeting and long gone by now, but thanks to photography it looks as permanent & nearly eternal as rock, if not more...

Best regards,

Vieri

PeterA

Hey Peter, thank you so much, glad you enjoyed it! :)

It is indeed ice, but many people think it's rocks, and I love the visual ambiguity & the contrast between the fleetingness of ice and the permanency of rocks; it is indeed ice, and therefore fleeting and long gone by now, but thanks to photography it looks as permanent & nearly eternal as rock, if not more...

Best regards,

Vieri
Makes the image even more special !

Cheers
Pete

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
X2D in the park. Again. The sun came out just before falling behind the buildings. So a little extreme wide angle with the X2D and XCD 21/4 @f/8, 1/30s, ISO 64

Low angle and very strange processing of Alice.

Now with the XCD 90/3.2 for that mild telephoto 1970's classical music LP jacket photo look:

And finally, an "action" shot showing off the quick AF, as squirrels go fast when chasing each other around the tree. VERY tight crop (barely over 1600x1200), f/8 (no time to change) ISO 3200,

Matt

Ed Hurst

A lonely mangrove sets off the scene in Bundeena - a tranquil spot within the Royal National Park to the south of Sydney. I had no idea that this place even existed until I ended up there on a family camping trip. Conditions weren't great, so obviously I had to go back within a day of getting home, this time on a clear forecast!

Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 67 55-100mm lens @ 100mm

Status
Not open for further replies.