The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

dchew

I love the slate sea and the blue rock. At least that's how it show up on my monitor - :)
(And think of the boat Drake was in at the time!)
Thank you, Matt. I should have spent more time getting to know the Fuji files before I went. I was fine with the camera, but continue to struggle processing the images. I'm not saying they are bad, just not used to them. They are very different from Phase files right after import.

Dave

drevil

Staff member
I am back!

After a permanent stay in china for three years, i made it out early december!
of course not without catching covid (for the first time), a few days before departure, so i already had headache when boarding the plane, i guess 50% of the passengers were positive anyway.

the following 5 weeks were extremely helpful to calm my mind and relax, those 3 years in china were extremely tough, and if it didnt show on the outside, it did work on the inside for sure.

early january i started a road trip, to visit a few friends, amongst who was one i haven't seen in like 7-8 year, this trip took me to a small town close to basel, bern, zürich, back to germany, immenstadt, memmingen, leipzig and to berlin. seeing all those friends after 3 years of the pandemic, or even longer, was really mind opening.
and i came to the conclusion its time to say good bye, so within the next half or full year i will leave china, one way or another.

anyway, to start a new year of photography, here are some impressions from the region around immenstadt, in bavaria, i was extremely lucky, since the snow fell only a day before my arrival and was gone the day after my departure(i only stayed there one night though), i felt truly blessed walking this trek through the woods, in these conditions.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Thank you, Matt. I should have spent more time getting to know the Fuji files before I went. I was fine with the camera, but continue to struggle processing the images. I'm not saying they are bad, just not used to them. They are very different from Phase files right after import.

Dave
I frequently got great results from the GFX, but they were never what I wanted! Phase One read my mind. Leica does its own thing, but I like the result so much that I try to pretend that I meant to do it. Hasselblad is a bit stubborn with its own look, but it's very appealing and malleable.

Anyway, I look forward to your further processing.

Matt

P. Chong

The National Library building of Singapore. The architects are the firm T. R. Hamzah and Yeang, following a competitive tender. Ken Yeang emphasised harmony with local environmental conditions like the sun, wind and tropical greenery in his blueprint. To outfit the building’s interior in an eco-friendly manner, he sourced fixtures made from recycled, reused or renewable materials from British firm Battle McCarthy.

Alpa 12 STC with Rodenstock HR 4.0/40 and Hasselblad CFV II 50C.

nlb1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.