The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Yes. It's not realistic like, say, a 10 minute exposure at the ocean. ;)

I used to work on the 47th floor of the building partially visible at the far right and did see light like that. Not such s stark contrast, though.

Ah. Here it is... This was 2008 and the scenery seemed fitting to the mood in the financial district. I saw it out the window and ran from the meeting to get the camera.

very good Matt!!

In Germany there is a band called "einstürzende Neubauten".
Your picture could maybe be a cover for a "best of album" of this band ...

:)
Thank you... I think..:ROFLMAO:

Greg Haag

Went by to check on things, since we have had an ice storm here and could not resist breaking out the camera. Looking forward to heading out in the Airstream late spring/early summer to eastern Sierras, Oregon Coast and then to Montana/Wyoming.

IQ4 150 XF 55mm
Airstream in warehouse.jpg

Greg Haag

I think the view of Halfdome from the river is my second favorite place to be at sunset in Yosemite, but there are so many place I have yet to explore here. Yosemite in winter is on my bucket list.

Leica S007 24mm cropped
Halfdome from the river.jpg

Last edited:

lookbook

Went by to check on things, since we have had an ice storm here and could not resist breaking out the camera. Looking forward to heading out in the Airstream late spring/early summer to eastern Sierras, Oregon Coast and then to Montana/Wyoming.

IQ4 150 XF 55mm
View attachment 200514
... a wonderful companion this Airstream Greg and a great photo.

Can you say a little about the light for the shot, it seems to have different colour temperatures.
How do you get the reflection on the floor?
Does the floor have clear varnish there?

Greg Haag

... a wonderful companion this Airstream Greg and a great photo.

Can you say a little about the light for the shot, it seems to have different colour temperatures.
How do you get the reflection on the floor?
Does the floor have clear varnish there?
This shot was a rushed/sloppy light painting process that I like to do during the winter. This is a warehouse I have to store my Airstream and photograph vehicles. The floor has a coating on it that has a sheen to it and produces a nice reflection. This process involves a series of images composited together to produce the final image. Normally I use an LED Panel on a painters pole and a flashlight, white balancing each source is critical, I would also normally use the LED panel to light the interior. There was no white balancing done on this image. Here are a couple examples. On the slingshot vehicle, I put a black cloth on the wall and then lit it after I finished with the vehicle.

Coupe-1.jpg

joshs -1.jpg

Last edited:

lookbook

This shot was a rushed/sloppy light painting process that I like to do during the winter. This is a warehouse I have to store my Airstream and photograph vehicles. The floor has a coating on it that has a sheen to it and produces a nice reflection. This process involves a series of images composited together to produce the final image. Normally I use an LED Panel on a painters pole and a flashlight, white balancing each source is critical, I would also normally use the LED panel to light the interior. There was no white balancing done on this image. Here are a couple examples. On the slingshot vehicle, I put a black cloth on the wall and then lit it after I finished with the vehicle.

View attachment 200543

View attachment 200544
Great Greg!
Super clean shots and lively style ...
Thanks for the detailed response.

dj may

Moonset Algarve, Portugal
No comfy beach chair like @Greg Haag, but standing on a cliff on a bouncy, vibrating protective boardwalk. This gave me the opportunity to see how well the recently acquired Gitzo Systematic 5 performed (my Berlebach wooden tripod is superb).

Secondly, I did not expose according to the light meter readings because of the strong red end of the spectrum. Unfortunately, I do not recall whether I adjusted by one stop or two stops; I think it was two.
A684A395-D414-4B9F-AAA6-9C3BFC6D6404.jpeg
Leica S3, APO-Macro-Summarit-S 120

Status
Not open for further replies.