The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Hurst

Final two shots from Cockatoo Island

Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 67 55-100mm lens @ approx. 60mm
In this shot, you see the dry dock and the barrier that can be positioned to seal it off

Fuji GXF100S with Pentax 645 28-45mm lens @ approx. 32mm

Last edited:

lookbook

Final two shots from Cockatoo Island

Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 67 55-100mm lens @ approx. 60mm
In this shot, you see the dry dock and the barrier that can be positioned to seal it off

Fuji GXF100S with Pentax 645 28-45mm lens @ approx. 32mm
... both photos are very beautiful Ed!
In the first photo I find it interesting that the water ripples while the celestial bodies leave traces.
I assume the sky was added afterwards?
Or the front part of the photo superimposed on the sky?
How did you do that? :)

Ed Hurst

... both photos are very beautiful Ed!
In the first photo I find it interesting that the water ripples while the celestial bodies leave traces.
I assume the sky was added afterwards?
Or the front part of the photo superimposed on the sky?
How did you do that? :)
Thanks very much :)
What you have noticed was forced upon me at the editing stage! I shot the sky and the scene together, but found that the floating object (it's the plug used to seal off the dry dock) was moving around so much that it turned into a blurry mess. So, at the final stage, I took individual frames of that area and layered them in - so what you see is a long exposure of the whole scene except for that specific area. It doesn't make visual sense, for the reason you describe, but it's better than the horrible mess it would be if entirely authentic.

Status
Not open for further replies.