The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

A tourist snap shot of the Church of St. Joseph, Panama City. The Golden Altar is carved out of wood and covered with gold leaf; it was painted black by the Jesuits to deceive the pirates headed by Captain Henry Morgan when they attacked the city in 1675.

XF IQ4, 45 mm, hand held 1/50th f5.6 ISO 3200. There is virtually no discernible noise in the file.

P0003033.jpg

jng

Cherry Blossoms in Early Morning Light by John Ngai, on Flickr
X2D | 3.2/90 XCD | f/8 | 1.9s | ISO 64​

I happened to be in town just as the Washington DC cherry blossoms were peaking around the Tidal Basin. The pre-dawn crowds notwithstanding, it was quite a spectacular experience.

John

P.S. Phocus2 allowed me to trigger the shutter remotely from my iPhone, which came in handy as getting a clear shot between the steady stream of foot traffic was about as tricky as running across a busy freeway at rush hour!

Last edited:

Greg Haag

I have had my Hasselblad HC lenses since I got my first medium format digital camera the Hasselblad H2 in around 2007 (I think). I have never been willing to sell them, just keep adapting them, first to the Leica S006 then S007 and now to the GFX. This was with the S007 at Caddo Lake State Park. I find the bald cypress a bit like shooting Mesquite Flat Dunes in Death Valley, in the sense that the opportunities are almost endless.

Leica S007 Hasselblad HC 210
caddo lake state park.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.