The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Hurst

Situated to the south of Sydney, Port Botany is one of Australia's largest container ports and handles a vast volume each year. It's located near Sydney's main airport in the same general part of the city where Britain's first fleet landed in 1787.

This particular vista isn't easy to get and I've been sussing out ways to get this angle for some time. I didn't want to attempt it until the weather cooled down, as it involves passing through an area that seems likely to be popular with snakes! In the foreground are the remains of a much older jetty.

Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 28-45mm lens @ approx. 31mm

Port Botany by night by Ed Hurst, on Flickr

Last edited:

Ed Hurst

South Curl Curl beach has one of Sydney's many rock pools - always populated by keen, daily swimmers by 5am (many of them in their 80s!). Australia really is a place that's all about exercise...

Anyway, I dragged my much-less fit posterior out of bed this morning on the promise of a high-cloud forecast. That largely failed to eventuate, but thankfully these striations saved the day!

Fuji GFX100S with Laowa 20mm shift lens (and 4mm of upwards shift).

Status
Not open for further replies.