The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Greg,

Thank you so much for your kind words!
With your talent, I can't wait to see your pictures if you have a chance to come visit.
I really mean it! It's one of the amazing places you should come visit before you die! Colors are everywhere!
Joe (Colson) is a regular visitor. He was here last year before the COVID.
Maybe we can meet up :)

Best
Pramote

Greg Haag

Greg,

Thank you so much for your kind words!
With your talent, I can't wait to see your pictures if you have a chance to come visit.
I really mean it! It's one of the amazing places you should come visit before you die! Colors are everywhere!
Joe (Colson) is a regular visitor. He was here last year before the COVID.
Maybe we can meet up :)

Best
Pramote
I would love to meet up! I had a trip planned this year, but delayed it due to uncertainty over COVID.

Greg Haag

Each year it seems like I have images that remind me that I am an amateur and not a professional, this is one of those examples. I was not prepared for the unexpected, I almost alway shoot in manual exposure and had shot a few pictures earlier in different lighting, then a few minutes later as I was driving thru the valley road in Yosemite I saw this man taking a picture. I immediately pulled over grabbed my camera an took this shot, never thinking about checking my exposure, by the time I realized it was overexposed the moment was over. This B&W version was the best I could do in salvaging the image.

Yosemite.jpg

dj may

Each year it seems like I have images that remind me that I am an amateur and not a professional, this is one of those examples. I was not prepared for the unexpected, I almost alway shoot in manual exposure and had shot a few pictures earlier in different lighting, then a few minutes later as I was driving thru the valley road in Yosemite I saw this man taking a picture. I immediately pulled over grabbed my camera an took this shot, never thinking about checking my exposure, by the time I realized it was overexposed the moment was over. This B&W version was the best I could do in salvaging the image.

View attachment 179687
Good save

P. Chong

could have fooled me. Looks superb!

The man in the photograph reminded me when I was last in Yosemite...at the Tunnel View carpark, some tourists were using their point and shoot cameras with flash on! Of course, it was getting dark...:)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I like it too, but at the same time think there's possibly a little that can be done that might improve it further... Try adding some clarity (or high-radius, low amount sharpening), then bump the black end of your input curve to around 7-8, and pull the white end back to about 248-250, and then brighten by taking a lower-mid 45 up to around 55 on that same curve? This should improve global contrast a bit and enhance micro-contrast a bit --- I dunno, maybe worth a try anyway 🤔

Ed Hurst

Greg, I don't know what amateurishness you may have seen in your original colour file, but in the end, we should judge the final result - and this is absolutely first rate. Love it! You should have the confidence to feel superb about this image, and never mind what the files looked like to start with, or the colour version you had in mind! Very jealous...

One minuscule suggestion. Near the top right of the image, can you see the little branch that is kind of 're-entering' the image? It looks like it's hanging from nowhere. I'd be tempted to get rid of that with Content Aware Fill ;-)

Greg Haag

Greg, I don't know what amateurishness you may have seen in your original colour file, but in the end, we should judge the final result - and this is absolutely first rate. Love it! You should have the confidence to feel superb about this image, and never mind what the files looked like to start with, or the colour version you had in mind! Very jealous...

One minuscule suggestion. Near the top right of the image, can you see the little branch that is kind of 're-entering' the image? It looks like it's hanging from nowhere. I'd be tempted to get rid of that with Content Aware Fill ;-)
Ed, thank you for your kind assessment! Also, I completely agree that the branch needs to go away!
Thanks again,
Greg

raycox

View attachment 179687
That indeed is a superb image! Great capture.

Status
Not open for further replies.