The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• We are looking for a committed forum member who would like to help with administration and moderation of our forum. Good communication and writing skills would be appreciated. Please message Olaf if you are interested.

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenfr

I have been photographing spring for 8 years on Vancouver Island and this image was taken last spring. The camera used for this image was the Phase One XF IQ3 100.

Steven

etrump

Right after my previous post I flipped the XF and shot this image. I always try to shoot both a horizontal and vertical anytime I can but I'm not sure if this shot holds up to the last. I tend to prefer a little more structure in my compositions but I guess the mist does what it wants. Within a few seconds my guide and I were totally in the soup and the mountains were gone for the day.

XF/3100/300mm:

rriley

Right after my previous post I flipped the XF and shot this image. I always try to shoot both a horizontal and vertical anytime I can but I'm not sure if this shot holds up to the last.

XF/3100/300mm:
Nice, but the other one is "one in a million+".

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Very interesting that you say that, Ed, because I printed it a couple of weeks ago with pretty much with the same crop you made. For this post, I had hoped that including the sky would make it communicate the loneliness of the locale and the bears.

I appreciate the critique and kinda wish we had more of it in this forum.

Bill

Shashin

Very interesting that you say that, Ed, because I printed it a couple of weeks ago with pretty much with the same crop you made. For this post, I had hoped that including the sky would make it communicate the loneliness of the locale and the bears.

I appreciate the critique and kinda wish we had more of it in this forum.

Bill
Ed's crop is nice, but I actually liked your crop for the reasons you give. I guess it is the difference of being about the animals or their environment. With the compression from the telephoto, you cannot understand the extent of the water without the horizon line. How much sky above the horizon would be another factor. I might go for less, but for me the horizon line adds a useful piece of information.

etrump

You could be right. I have serious mental issues with cloudless skies. ;)
Ed's crop is nice, but I actually liked your crop for the reasons you give. I guess it is the difference of being about the animals or their environment. With the compression from the telephoto, you cannot understand the extent of the water without the horizon line. How much sky above the horizon would be another factor. I might go for less, but for me the horizon line adds a useful piece of information.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Right after my previous post I flipped the XF and shot this image. I always try to shoot both a horizontal and vertical anytime I can but I'm not sure if this shot holds up to the last. I tend to prefer a little more structure in my compositions but I guess the mist does what it wants. Within a few seconds my guide and I were totally in the soup and the mountains were gone for the day.

XF/3100/300mm:
Ed,

The portrait version definitely is THE special image. The strong leading lines work so well with the rock, trees and mist and it's such a clean composition. I feel the majesty of high mountains and the determination of the trees vs the horizontal by comparison being a nice shot of a misty hollow. :thumbs:

stevenfr

This image was taken just before a snow storm moved in and killed the colours in the understory of this forest. In a cluttered forest it is difficult to find a composition that works. Hopefully, this image resonates with people. This image was taken with a Phase One XF IQ3 100 camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.