The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
If it's worth processing, it's worth over processing, I always say. High drama downtown :)

I should probably edit out the crane and leave its reflection in...

--Matt

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member
If it's worth processing, it's worth over processing, I always say. High drama downtown :)

I should probably edit out the crane and leave its reflection in...

--Matt
I love how the B&W makes the buildings glow like they are golden towers. :clap:

Almost like an infra-red look to it. :thumbs::thumbs:

etrump

Incredible moment in the Huangshan Mountains. One of the many reasons I switched from a tech camera to the XF.

XF/3100/300mm:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Incredible moment in the Huangshan Mountains. One of the many reasons I switched from a tech camera to the XF.

XF/3100/300mm:
Beautiful shot Ed!

This is on my bucket list although I would definitely pay for the photo gear sherpas. Not being a mountain goat myself, I wouldn't relish lugging the XF up and down those thousands of steps to get there!

etrump

Thank you, definately not for the faint of heart - punn intended!
Beautiful shot Ed!

This is on my bucket list although I would definitely pay for the photo gear sherpas. Not being a mountain goat myself, I wouldn't relish lugging the XF up and down those thousands of steps to get there!

Last edited:

Arjuna

Beautiful shot Ed!

There are (were) a couple of cable-cars for getting up and down, and a hotel up top. Still, some of the trails are not for the vertigo-challenged.
From a trip in 2007; Mamiya 6 I believe:

Attachments

stevenfr

A long exposure of maple leaves in a eddy with tree reflections and leaves sunken to the bottom of the stream. I spent hours at this spot playing with different exposures and compositions.

Steven

Deltona

Beautiful imagery again! Just goes to show that the latest gear isn't what makes superb images - just vision and talent. :thumbs:

Thanks Graham thats very kind of you. I must say that the P21+ does give a great deal, it has some flaws for sure, but work around those and it can produce some great images. My Fuji gear hasn't been used for 2 months. I really like the simplicity of the
Camera and back, stick it in manual mode and just shoot.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
More experimentation. The first in processing, the second in hand holding MF at 1/2 second. Not sure either was a good idea, but at least it's different.

Star trails on the sidewalk:

No blur was introduced in post. It was, as you can guess, a misfire. But the processing produced unexpected effects - especially the sharp straight lines.

Fulton St. Station:

It's tempting to crop the right 1/3 of the subway picture and make a square format of the train only. Suggestions are welcome.

That 24 Super-Elmar seems glued to the S(006) :)

--Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.