The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave.gt

Very nice, Dave. :clap::salute:

- Leigh
Thanks, Leigh :)... you are very kind,

Although I had fun with this one, I am growing weary of florals, so I may be looking into more abstract macros of the organic environment in our garden. This was a small step in that direction.

pesto

Another of the cast of characters hanging out behind my house, this one a barred owl. We have several of them back there and they raise quite a ruckus when they get going calling to each other. I am happy to see them still here after all of the rain and persistent flooding we have had over the past several months; this late summer and fall have been as wet as any I can recall.

Barred Owl (1 of 1).jpg

Thanks for looking,

Douglas

dave.gt

Another of the cast of characters hanging out behind my house, this one a barred owl. We have several of them back there and they raise quite a ruckus when they get going calling to each other. I am happy to see them still here after all of the rain and persistent flooding we have had over the past several months; this late summer and fall have been as wet as any I can recall.

View attachment 136394

Thanks for looking,

Douglas
Beautiful!!!

This is fascinating, thank you for sharing a little bit of the backstory. Hope you will post more.:):):)

Knorp

I picked up the 1.4x TC for the GF 250mm today. Seems to be a good combination, especially now I can directly import Fuji RAWs into C1 without any workarounds:

St Marys lighthouse by Mark, on Flickr
What a fabulous shot, Mark. Looks like this lighthouse is emitting 'dark matter'.
But admit it: you shot this with your drone, right ?

Mark C

What a fabulous shot, Mark. Looks like this lighthouse is emitting 'dark matter'.
But admit it: you shot this with your drone, right ?
Lol! Put it this way, a friend of mine has a drone and I've warned him that if he flies it over my house its fair game for target practice!:D

tashley

Subscriber Member
Fun with fractals - the first two of these are macro shots of pieces of highly polished agate taken in the studio with a complex flash lighting setup on IQ3100/Phase XF with SK 120 macro, focus stacked. The resulting file is then digitally flipped and inverted and rejoined and generally re-imagined, in this case to make two eyes.

The third image is from a wall in the garden of the Villa D'Este on Lake Como, shot with an X1D and 30mm lens and then given a treatment similar to that above.

They are going to end up, I kid you not, as part of a range of furniture.

Shashin

This is the last day of business for the Tokyo Central Wholesale Market at Tsukiji. It is moving to a new location. This is from the time I lived in the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.