The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

spb

Staff member
No. 3801 is Australia's most famous steam locomotive. Built in 1943, its streamlined shape just oozes the glamour and style of its era. Despite having lived in Australia since 2010 (barring 18 months back in England), I contrived never to see her running (its recent restoration is quite a saga - let's say it's complicated!).

Anyway, in recent months, she has finally run again and over the last week, ran some test/training runs to make sure the loco. crews are suitably skilled to operate her. I took the opportunity to slip out and get a few pictures.

(Both taken with Pentax 645Z; the bridge picture with the 28-45mm lens @ 29mm and the other shot with the 120mm A lens)
Lovely train pictures, especially the bridge one. Would make a lovely post-card and also picture framed on any wall.

Ed Hurst

Wonderful, Ed! If I remember correctly, you and traded steam loco pix on this site several years ago.
Cheers,
Bill
Thanks, Bill. We did indeed! Don't get me started though - my back catalogue of steam is tediously large :). But it lacks your historical perspective... I remember salivating over some of the opportunities you had, which I missed!

alistairsimmons

Was looking to capture a good image of the lighthouse in Southwold, and the last night I was there in the pouring rain was the one.

With Cambo WRS-1200, Schneider 35mm XL and Credo 50.

ISO 3200 and pushed 1.5 stops in Capture One so converted into black and white for pleasing grain rather than drastic noise!

CF022740 1.jpg

Grayhand

Söderåsen Nature Reserve

903SWC, CFV50c

I have a number of nature reserves that I have visited more or less frequently for the last 15 years.
Except for one that I have been visiting for about 55 years now..

And there is one thing that has become crystal clear to me: You can never visit the SAME nature reserve twice..
Here in Sweden, the general principle is: Don't touch, don't interact.
So anything that falls down is left alone. The only exception is that they keep some of the tracks clear from deadfall.

And in no other places that in streams and other water surfaces is the consequence of this principle more visible.
For every year we lose more and more of the open streams in nature reserves.
And instead, we get more and more chaotic surfaces.

So the scenic view you see today may well be gone tomorrow.
There is no time to hesitate, blink and you have missed your opportunity.

Ray

gurtch

No. 3801 is Australia's most famous steam locomotive. Built in 1943, its streamlined shape just oozes the glamour and style of its era. Despite having lived in Australia since 2010 (barring 18 months back in England), I contrived never to see her running (its recent restoration is quite a saga - let's say it's complicated!).

Anyway, in recent months, she has finally run again and over the last week, ran some test/training runs to make sure the loco. crews are suitably skilled to operate her. I took the opportunity to slip out and get a few pictures.

(Both taken with Pentax 645Z; the bridge picture with the 28-45mm lens @ 29mm and the other shot with the 120mm A lens)

View attachment 176874View attachment 176875
I really love these train photos. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.