The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grayhand

GFX50(r), 100-200+1,4

This reminds me of Shanghai 100 developed in RO9, continuous agitation for 12 minutes on a roller stand.

Ohh, the glory of grain ⚙

But I still have more than 100 rolls of Shanghai in the freezer and a few bottles of R09.
So it is not too late for this in "reality"
And I must admit that I have a pathologically soft spot for this kind of photos...

Ray

dave.gt

GFX50(r), 100-200+1,4

This reminds me of Shanghai 100 developed in RO9, continuous agitation for 12 minutes on a roller stand.

Ohh, the glory of grain ⚙

But I still have more than 100 rolls of Shanghai in the freezer and a few bottles of R09.
So it is not too late for this in "reality"
And I must admit that I have a pathologically soft spot for this kind of photos...

Ray
Me, too. :(

That is why I am finishing up a box of Velvia this week... so I can get back to shooting black and white film.

Great image there, Ray.

:):):)

dave.gt

Yes love this time of year and Springtime too.
Wouldn't it be awful if we didn't have the cold winters and hot summers in-between?:)

For me, I enjoy the transitions between seasons as much as the "peaks". There is something about anticipation and the beauty of change.

In my own little world and through my humble observations, it appears that without change, stagnation, pollution and a host of unsavory results occur at an ever-increasing rate. Life is resilient, as is nature, but limited, so it is with celebration I enjoy the peak of Autumn, and the transition into winter. It is a time renewal and cleansing.

As a side note, I did a photographic essay in the Winter/Spring of, well, it was some years ago while enduring a major event in our lives and I was spending time "healing" in a nature conservatory adjacent to the hospital where months slipped by relentlessly for my loved one. The anticipation perfectly matched our situation going from the cold reality of life in hard times to the warmth of returning home and flourishing.

Yes, Autumn and Spring are very special but so brief. Perhaps that is why we like to capture those moments in images to keep and cherish.

There is a wood beyond here, that I shall visit once again and I know not in which season but anticipating our return brings me joy, and a smile on my face. I cannot wait!:):):)

scho

A few shots from a brief stop at Taughannock gorge today. 907x/50C XCD 45P on a tripod.

Upper falls from overlook (still in drought mode with piddling flow)

Lower falls at bottom of gorge (about 200 yards above outflow into Cayuga Lake)

Path to the Inn at gorge trail head

Status
Not open for further replies.