The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfrey

The only British car I ever owned and a lot of fun with was a pimped Hillman Imp. Then a Lancia Fulvia 1.3S, I wish I had kept that and been able to afford my Mother's 280SL Merc from 1973 what a cool car to drive.
I've always wanted a Lancia Fulvia 1.3S!!! Very hard to find nowadays.

G

Reactions: spb

dave.gt

And my old Alfa Romeo Spiders and SAAB 96. Even my 1985 Toyota MR2, despite its primitive electronic fuel injection, fits the model. Sigh.

Luckily, we can still build one from a kit. Or restore one. I may in fact do just that, because despite how much I enjoy my current ride, I really would like something simpler and more fun, even if nowhere near as fast and polished. I have a target car in mind... :D

G
Ooohh... what would that be... can't wait to see! Over the past decades, I have owned six MG cars, mostly MGBs and all restored or completely rebuilt from parts in boxes on a shell.

I would do another one in a flash if I could but, I already have a 24/7 job...

Looking forward to seeing your project!!!:):):)

spb

Staff member
I've always wanted a Lancia Fulvia 1.3S!!! Very hard to find nowadays.

G
At that time mid-seventies that was my first 'real' car, beauty to drive, nicely finished and easy to service. Especially so after a 'pimped' Hillman Imp! Should have kept it!

Last edited:

vjbelle

Taken at the Green River Overlook at Canyonlands. I was lucky to get clouds and sun but had to deal with wind gusts up to 40 MPH. I just waited for the lulls and shot lots of images. I never tire of the Canyonlands as I also never tire of the Dolomites.

Actus with shifting LR.

Victor B.

GreenRiver.jpg

spb

Staff member
Alfa Romeo 6C 1750 GS 6th Series (1933). This car won the Jury Prize, the Public Prize of Best of Show Prize...the prestigious Coppa d'Oro Villa d'Este 2012.
Build in an era where cars had style and poise, shape and character. As I see it the modern car is more reliable, more 'luxurious' but with no character. These older vehicles, arguably 'more difficult' to drive but bags of character, shapes and desirability. This in the garage would bring a smile to one's face seeing it never mind driving it.

jng

Touchdown
H11_08_2020_0017-processed0-25-10-denoise-FrameShop_2.jpg
Hasselblad X1D | 250 Superachromat | f/11

This was a nice way to finish off the weekend. I was perhaps 1-2 weeks too late to catch the sun perfectly centered under the bridge from this vantage point, but hey, hasn't that been done before ad nauseum (if I can remember to pay attention, I will be out there next year, regardless)? In any case I like the way the sun appeared to melt into the horizon...

John

P. Chong

Indeed. Here is another...one of my favourites - the Mercedes Benz 300SL W198 Gullwing. Also taken at the Concorsa Eleganza della E'sta in Lake Como, circa 2012. Hasselblad H3D-39 with HC50-110.

Build in an era where cars had style and poise, shape and character. As I see it the modern car is more reliable, more 'luxurious' but with no character. These older vehicles, arguably 'more difficult' to drive but bags of character, shapes and desirability. This in the garage would bring a smile to one's face seeing it never mind driving it.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

My first car was a 1953 Triumph Mayflower Saloon. (I think I was about the 7th owner!) But I could (and probably did) rebuild or repair just about anything on that car. Now I drive an electric Jaguar where I wouldn't dare touch anything except to refill the windshield washer fluid,.

spb

Staff member
Indeed. Here is another...one of my favourites - the Mercedes Benz 300SL W198 Gullwing. Also taken at the Concorsa Eleganza della E'sta in Lake Como, circa 2012. Hasselblad H3D-39 with HC50-110.
I nearly went there two years ago, but my friend pulled out. This one is a wall poster car that a lot of young fellows dreamed of, me included.

P. Chong

The Concorsa Eleganza della E'ste is well worth a trip. Even if there were no cars to view and gawk at, the town and the lake is so magnificent, especially in April, its a joy just to be there. Then add the head turning cars! wow. I have a few more pictures of that trip...will go dig it out.

I nearly went there two years ago, but my friend pulled out. This one is a wall poster car that a lot of young fellows dreamed of, me included.

spb

Staff member
One day I will make it, if it is allowed to be run of course in this mad world.

Status
Not open for further replies.