The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig Stocks

This is a long ways from the best photo ever of the Horse Head Nebula but it's still interesting. This is a combination of hydrogen specific exposures and unfiltered true color using the IQ4150. The biggest challenge is finding a way to mount the camera to make full use of the entire sensor. I'm currently using a Canon EOS adapter on a Cambo tech camera and it works OK but creates a fair amount of vignetting.

Flame RGB + Ha Tak-2.jpg

FloatingLens

This is a long ways from the best photo ever of the Horse Head Nebula but it's still interesting. This is a combination of hydrogen specific exposures and unfiltered true color using the IQ4150. The biggest challenge is finding a way to mount the camera to make full use of the entire sensor. I'm currently using a Canon EOS adapter on a Cambo tech camera and it works OK but creates a fair amount of vignetting.
Sort of OT but are you not having thermal issues from using this kind of huge MF sensor and cumbersome camera setup (adverse effects on IQ, tracking accuracy etc.)? Don't get me wrong, the quality of the end results speak definitively in your favor :)

Craig Stocks

In terms of thermal issues, the nights in Southwest Utah have been chilly (30s and 40s) which helps with thermal noise. I also use a fairly aggressive single pixel noise reduction in Capture One of around 50%. As far as the size and weight of the camera it's just a matter of having a mount that's heavy enough. I my case I'm using the SkyWatcher EQ-6R Pro which is probably classified as an intermediate mount with a 44 pound payload rating.

vieri

I love Northumberland's landscapes, their mix of human intervention and natural beauty is just stunning. I put together two very different moods here:

Bamburgh Castle at sunset

Spittal's Pier

Both images taken with Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 30mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters. Thank you for viewing and commenting, best regards

Vieri

Status
Not open for further replies.