The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Haag

So 2 weeks ago, I turned my Macbook Pro off and it died and would not startup (I have sent to apple, but that’s another story). So this morning I got my iMac Pro in and started setting everything up, got Captrue One Pro installed and blended two frame averaged images of yesterdays sunrise together. It was one of those mornings where it was almost an explosion of color but never quite made it. This is a blend of two 1 minute frame averaged images. I have not calibrated the monitor yet so I hope the color looks ok. Merry Christas to everyone!

XF IQ4 150 32mm
60BD795A-F2B1-4C66-80AF-AAE1991986BD.jpeg

Greg Haag

Death Valley, CA
I had a two weeks road trip to CA, NV, AZ, and NM. First stop at Death Valley

PhaseOne IQ4-150, Cambo WRS-1600, HR 40mm and HR70mmView attachment 179853View attachment 179854View attachment 179855View attachment 179856HR40mm
Beautiful Images, I am going to Death Valley the end of February for the second time but the first time with my Cambo/Phase combination, this inspires and excites me about the trip. I am a little nervous about changing lenses in the sand, but hopefully that will go ok.

Kinya28

I had no problem changing my lens when it’s calm. When it’s windy, you don’t want to change. One mistake I made in the past was, not closing my camera bag completely when it’s windy. Sands all over my bag...

jng

Misty Christmas Eve Moon
P12_24_2020_25855_C1 1-1-FrameShop.jpg
WRS1250 | IQ3100 | Zeiss 350 Tele-Superachromat + APO 1.4XE | f/11 | 1/15 sec

I think I just missed Santa doing a fly-by. Ah well, not the only thing I've missed this year...

Wishing everyone a happy holiday and a healthy and prosperous new year!

John

P. Chong

A series I am doing to document hawker culture in Singapore, which was recently awarded the status of World Heritage. This first 4 photographs were shot digitally with Hasselblad H3D-39 with HC 4/28mm and converted to black and white in Ps2020.

Old Airport Road Food Centre. One of the more popular food centres in town. These food centres, also known as Hawker Centers, was an effort by the government to consolidate formerly itinerant hawkers who roamed the streets into centers, where health and cleanliness standards can be monitored, and rids the streets of push carts.

old-airport-road.jpg

Inside, stalls are build en-mass. And is typical in this region, individual stalls are owned and helmed by small business owners, who often operate as a one or two person show. Each specializing in one dish.

hawkerctr.jpg

Here is one stall. Very old school hawker. Typical characteristics are that these are mostly owned and operated by the older generation. These chef owners are often grumpy, and sometimes rude. But usually feature good cooking with delicious meals prepared a la minute at inexpensive prices. This outlet is known as Dong Ji Fried Kway Teow Mee. A noodle dish, made with flat rice noodles mixed with yellow noodles, fried with lard, with a concoction of light and dark sauces, chilli paste, egg, cockles and prawns. Price for a plate range from S$3 to S$5 (about US$2.25 to US$3.70).

dongji.jpg

Upstairs, we find other sundry shops. This one, also manned by an elderly couple was very friendly. The shop is packed to the brim with ribbons, buttons, etc. which they will sell for DIY projects, but will also undertake to do alterations for you in-situ.

alteration-shop.jpg

Hope the series will give you a peek into the life blood of Singapore. I will be happy to answer any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.