The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

P. Chong

Quick one for today...a tale of two barber shops. Both no frills - no hair dying, no wash and blow, no perms, nothing. Just cut and go.

The first is a more traditional barber shop. Typically owner operated. Almost always male barbers. They offer wet shaves with a switch blade, and a haircut. That's it. Here is one in a local mall, though the more typical place is in the neighbourhoods of public housing.

old-barber.jpg

And the second is a newer school, with emphasis on cleanliness and hygiene. One buys a token from a machine and use the token to get a cut. This quick and no frills approach was first developed in Japan (I believe), and this particular shop, just a couple of doors away from the first, is QB House, a Japanese company who promises to give you a haircut in 10 minutes for ¥1200 (about S$15 or USD11.50, so we are getting a discount compared to Japanese prices). Here the barbers are usually employees, or franchise owners.

new-barber.jpg

Both photographed at the basement of Tiong Bahru Plaza, a local Singapore mall. Hasselblad H3D-39 with HC 3.5-4.5/50-110 lens. BW and jpeg conversion in Phocus. Final touchups in Photoshop.

dj may

Lots of new snow in the neighborhood. Yesterday, I hiked through a local forest, climbing over, going around and crawling under many fallen trees. All while carrying 17kg of gear, which is typical for me. I also had the opportunity to see if my new trekking boots would keep my feet warmer in sub-freezing temperatures; they did. Eventually, I arrived at the Candycane Forest. ;)

Leica S3, Super Elmar-S 24

etrump

Thanks so much for the kind words. I must admit I have felt the same way about several of your images. What is it about photogs that we crave every great shot to be one of ours? ;)
Ed, some truly superlative images have been posted recently that have blown me away. But I must say that #2 and #4 of this series are exceptional. Congratulations. And I hate you a little bit for getting these ;-)

Greg Haag

Took a road trip with my oldest daughter this weekend to explore a potential school for her to get her Master of Fine Arts in Studio Art, my quest to entice her to pursue landscape photography so far has been unsuccessful. Anyway, I digress, in some of my down time I have gone thru old images and some of my favorites are ones I have taken of bald cypress trees. Trying to reprocess a few of these image with Capture One 21.

Cambo WRS-1600 IQ3 100 Rodenstock 32mm HRCypress.jpg

Last edited:

dave.gt

Handheld 15 seconds. Woodland cabin in Devon, UK.

P30+ and 80mm.

View attachment 180926
It is refreshing to see an artistic rendering in this forum instead of ...

Impressionism is one of my favorite subjects. One day, like painting, I hope to find an opportunity to delve into that world.:)

Nice woodland cabin image! It makes my mind go to a better place. Thanks for sharing!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.