The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Hurst

Re: Sunset at Playa de Portizuelo, Asturias

Thank you very much Ed, glad you liked it! :) I am not familiar with the Australian location you mentioned, but for this one timing (the tide) is really of the essence ;)

Best regards,

Vieri

Hi Vieri,

This is the Australian location I mean. This location is only accessible at low tide (and even then, a large swell makes it inaccessible). Trying to make a suitable tide coincide with no moon, Milky Way rise at the right level of darkness, clear forecast, etc. is challenging. The last time I was there, I had to shelter on the rocks for a long time before I could get through!

[/url]PanoFromFiles_EWR5251-59_Step10FlatsRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

Ed

beano_z

Some images from my trip to the Canadian Rockies, even though the weather didn't cooperate for many days I did thoroughly enjoy the trip, even if not for the photography this place is so much fun.

P0000544 Banff Jasper Trip - 14-May-2019 to 19-May-2019.jpg

P0000531 Banff Jasper Trip - 14-May-2019 to 19-May-2019.jpg

P0000518 Banff Jasper Trip - 14-May-2019 to 19-May-2019.jpg

The last part of the road to the Bow Summit parking lot was still closed, so I had to hike up in the snow for about a kilometre to get to the view point. I did the hike twice and while the first time we had some sun, the lake was completely covered in white snow and lacked interest. The second time I went up a couple days later it was drizzling rain and ice particles, but the snow had melted away slightly so some of the blue ice was showing through which I found more appealing. Good thing I was shooting with the XF as I would've more nervous putting a tech cam in the rain.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
After numerous trips to the Palouse and having never taken a tour or workshop I finally found my 'Unicorn' :thumbup:

1937 Dodge 1/2 ton truck. I'm amazed that someone hasn't offered the owner an offer they can't refuse and restore it.

Last edited:

danlindberg

After numerous trips to the Palouse and having never taking a tour or workshop I finally found my 'Unicorn' :thumbup:

1937 Dodge 1/2 ton truck. I'm amazed that someone hasn't offered the owner an offer they can't refuse and restore it.

What a beautiful truck! I would love to restore it :grin:

Excellent light in your image too, well done :clap:

This great grey owl was passing only a few meters away from me. Due to its special designed wings and feathers, the flight is totally silent. An amazing experience to be that close. This image was taken with a Leica S with the Summarit S 120mm lens.

L1005111 1.jpg

vieri

Re: Sunset at Playa de Portizuelo, Asturias

Hi Vieri,

This is the Australian location I mean. This location is only accessible at low tide (and even then, a large swell makes it inaccessible). Trying to make a suitable tide coincide with no moon, Milky Way rise at the right level of darkness, clear forecast, etc. is challenging. The last time I was there, I had to shelter on the rocks for a long time before I could get through!

[/url]PanoFromFiles_EWR5251-59_Step10FlatsRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

Ed
Thank you Ed! That's beautiful, looks like a horse drinking :) Best regards,

Vieri

JoelM

After numerous trips to the Palouse and having never taken a tour or workshop I finally found my 'Unicorn' :thumbup:

Fabulous composition and processing. Looks like a painting.

Joel

mristuccia

Berlin, Westhafen. The Television tower, the symbol of Berlin, is visible from any place in the city's surroundings.

Last edited:

dave.gt

This great grey owl was passing only a few meters away from me. Due to its special designed wings and feathers, the flight is totally silent. An amazing experience to be that close. This image was taken with a Leica S with the Summarit S 120mm lens.

View attachment 141851
Tom,

A great image of a bird in flight, not just any bird, but an owl in the forest, at the right moment, in the right position and in front of the only photographer that I have seen capable of making that shot...

With the superb Leica S!!!!:thumbs:

Incredible.

We need to have a long talk... I can learn so much from you.:) Wow!

Tom,

A great image of a bird in flight, not just any bird, but an owl in the forest, at the right moment, in the right position and in front of the only photographer that I have seen capable of making that shot...

With the superb Leica S!!!!:thumbs:

Incredible.

We need to have a long talk... I can learn so much from you.:) Wow!
Thanks again, Dave! This lovely and huge (I will estimate the owl to be 1,5 feet tall) bird happens to live nearby my house. It usually sit on the bus-stop sign, waiting for small unlucky rodents to arrive within his reach. When the tail lifts up and the poop is released, then I know he will lift off within a second or two. I realize this capture is 90% luck with regards to focus and composition.

vieri

Unforgettable sunrise at Playa de Gueirua, Asturias

This truly amazing sunrise greeted us at Playa de Gueirua, in Asturias, on the last day of last year's Workshop I led in Spain. Simply unforgettable! :) A 23 seconds exposure with my Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 30mm and my trusty Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Status
Not open for further replies.