The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexecutioner

Today we harvested the only "Paloma" eggplant we've had so far. We've grown before another white variety called "Casper", but this year they didn't take. There are a few more Palomas coming which may be ready in a couple of weeks. In the meantime I wanted to focus on the simple beauty of this one. My wife says it looks like a dinosaur egg.

My Lovers Garden0637 MASTER copy.jpg

jng

Beautiful! But how on earth did you suspend Paloma in mid-air?!?

Hope you’re staying cool!

John

Today we harvested the only "Paloma" eggplant we've had so far. We've grown before another white variety called "Casper", but this year they didn't take. There are a few more Palomas coming which may be ready in a couple of weeks. In the meantime I wanted to focus on the simple beauty of this one. My wife says it looks like a dinosaur egg.

View attachment 151245

Mexecutioner

Beautiful! But how on earth did you suspend Paloma in mid-air?!?

Hope you’re staying cool!

John
Hi John,

I used some very thin steel wire (the one used to hang picture frames) and poked a hole through the stem to put the wire through it in a way it didn’t show much. I then cloned out the visible portion of wire. I attached the wire to the workshop door rails and left it hanging for 15 minutes or so until it stopped moving almost completely. I shot it at 1/500th just to be sure no motion would affect it.

Today was much nicer, only 91 degree. The cooler temperatures and some cocktails made it actually quite enjoyable.

Ed Hurst

Towering over the historic Sydney street of Broadway is the modern building called Central Park, housing a shopping centre, apartments, function facilities and many other businesses. The overhanging roof is instantly recognisable and was asking to be shot with star trails (at least if you are me!).

Pentax 645Z with 28-45mm DA lens @ 40mm

50321305068_2b31dbc723_b.jpg

Abstraction

Towering over the historic Sydney street of Broadway is the modern building called Central Park, housing a shopping centre, apartments, function facilities and many other businesses. The overhanging roof is instantly recognisable and was asking to be shot with star trails (at least if you are me!).

Pentax 645Z with 28-45mm DA lens @ 40mm

View attachment 175983
Ed, you just aren't you without the star trails! :D

dave.gt

Did some one mention Fun with MF? The change of seasons, especially from Summer to Autumn is always special for us.

In 2020, things have been different and I anticipate a subdued, somewhat depressed celebration this year because of the pandemic. With that in mind, I have begun our decorations around the house, stacked firewood, and started a new project with MF images of this year's Fall celebration. True to my emotions, my images are more different than ever.

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm
Scarecrow 2020 by Leica S 1 FINAL.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.