The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

jng

Darr,

This image is stunningly beautiful! I hope you actually do print this big, although I don't image you'd need all 11.75 feet to immerse yourself fully into it.

John

seven frames (11.75 x 2.2 feet / 3.6 x 0.7 meter) - Hasselblad 503CX + CFi 180/4 + CFV-50c​

drevil

Staff member

last set for now, i am going back into the city today, all in all it was an awesome trip, alone today i spent 7 hours on the wall, 12km hiking according to my fitness tracker.
Nearly 20 according to my gps, which includes ups and downs, 19k steps

i guess i have my pre-covid condition back

darr

Darr,

This image is stunningly beautiful! I hope you actually do print this big, although I don't image you'd need all 11.75 feet to immerse yourself fully into it.

John
Thank you for your kind words John.

I was testing my 180 lens with long exposure and stitching while on a recent camping trip. I did not shoot for a print, but I do like how it turned out. Truth be told, I only print 14” or less for my portfolio boxes. I share it here so other photographers can see what is possible with the gear I use. So glad you like it. :)

jng

Hi Darr,

The 180 can indeed render beautiful results. In the right hands. Thanks for sharing your images here.

All the best,

John

Thank you for your kind words John.

I was testing my 180 lens with long exposure and stitching while on a recent camping trip. I did not shoot for a print, but I do like how it turned out. Truth be told, I only print 14” or less for my portfolio boxes. I share it here so other photographers can see what is possible with the gear I use. So glad you like it. :)

vieri

I love photographing Cornwall under all weather conditions, the Atlantic weather creates some amazing light shows - sometimes, the colours in the sky are so saturated that you actually need to tone them down in post-processing, rather than enhancing them.

Trevose Head's Lighthouse, in Cornwall (UK), at sunset on a truly beautiful evening. 3.2 seconds, Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 21mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters

Godrevy Lighthouse, in Cornwall (UK), at sunrise on one of such mornings - a truly incredible show! 3 seconds, Hasselblad X1D, Voigtlander 15mm Super-Wide Heliar and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters

Thank you for viewing and commenting, best regards

Vieri

Mexecutioner

Sometimes, in spring, some trees bloom like crazy, like our grapefruit. I normally need tom thin the number of fruits twice because the branches of this young tree are unable to safely support the weight. This time I decided to make this image of the ones I removed before disposing of them (too bitter to eat now). Not my favorite moment, but better than the tree losing a branch due to excess weight.

My Lovers Garden0695 MASTER copy.jpg

Mexecutioner

These are passion fruits from one of out vines. A few years ago I bought these plants at the farmers market for $20 bucks and planted them. They have reached a significant size and give hundreds of fruit. My wife and I were shocked to find out that at some stores here in LA the fruits sell for $3 each!

She sells them in the neighborhood at a really low price so people that like them can enjoy them, and then uses that money for fertilizer and to pay the girl that comes help us with weeding and other garden chores.

We thought the vines were done flowering for the year but all of a sudden more flowers opened so it was the perfect time to make a photo of them.

My Lovers Garden0721 MASTER copy.jpg

vjbelle

seven frames (11.75 x 2.2 feet / 3.6 x 0.7 meter) - Hasselblad 503CX + CFi 180/4 + CFV-50c​
The 'Darr' touch which is always appreciated.

I just want to comment on the HB 180mm lens which I find to be outstanding. I also have the CFi version which I purchased as new numerous years ago and am glad I have never sold.

Best to you......

Victor B

jng

The 'Darr' touch which is always appreciated.

I just want to comment on the HB 180mm lens which I find to be outstanding. I also have the CFi version which I purchased as new numerous years ago and am glad I have never sold.

Best to you......

Victor B
Agreed on both points. Re: the 180 Sonnar - I, too, had a beautiful copy of a 180 CF. I wasn't using it much since the arrival of my 250 Superachromat, so found a good home for it with a friend who's using it on his Fuji GFX 50R. I would have a serious case of buyer's remorse were it not for the pleasure (and great images) my friend is deriving from it - also making multi-stitch panos similar to the one that Darr posted here.

John

fjablo

One from today - very famous spot, but only about 4 photographers there this morning.

I just love the output from the H3D-39; the files need almost 0 editing (at least to be pleasing to me). Shot with the Fuji X-T3 in parallel and also really like that camera, but it needs quite a bit of work to get close to the Hasselblad results.. maybe I should just replace it with an X1D.... 😅

Accademia by Felix, auf Flickr

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.