The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

darr

The 'Darr' touch which is always appreciated.

I just want to comment on the HB 180mm lens which I find to be outstanding. I also have the CFi version which I purchased as new numerous years ago and am glad I have never sold.

Best to you......

Victor B

Thank you for your kindness, Victor.

Darr

Ed Hurst

The Dr. Chau Chak Wing Building at the University of Technology Sydney (UTS) was completed in November 2014. It's quite a remarkable thing... Designed by Frank Gehry, the building was named after an Australian-Chinese businessman who donated AU$20 million to the project, along with an additional AU$5 million for Australia-China scholarships. His son also studied architecture at UTS.

The building, which appears to have very few regular or flat surfaces, was said to have been inspired by the idea of a tree-house. Others have likened it to "a squashed brown paper bag"! Nonetheless, it's won various awards...

Notice the crazy, scattered reflections of the star trails in many of the windows.

Pentax 645Z with 25mm DA lens
50381238606_c0b1f877f6_b.jpg

Last edited:

dave.gt

Ok, I give up. You guys work way too hard for a "Fun" thread. :)

Between quarantine, daily medical crises and the BS on the news channels, I can only lie on my back and observe things. I think I have lost it.

Today, in between the above mentioned crises of one kind or another, I noticed my garden biker gnome was not wearing a mask. 😠

So I made him wear one.

Now he wants to pose... 🙄

Biker Gnome Autumn Mask by Leica S FINALSept 2020 FINAL.jpeg

Yeah, I know... it is weird but that is because it is 2020.

Back to my ice packs and meds, I need some sleep.

Carry on.

dave.gt

Reppin, Schwerin Germany
903SWC, CFV50c
Ray

Hi, Ray,

Just got started this morning, way later than normal for me. I just checked back in this thread and noticed that something about this image of yours looks different than when I clicked "Like" yesterday. It has a "3D" impression on the left side that is terrific! And this is with your SWC. Very cool!:)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Lake Erie with one of its beautiful shale shorelines. I'm questioning that leaving the sun enhances the image.
I too think it adds, not detracts, especially with the lighting pattern extending radially from it across the open water. But that said, if you happen to have cropped out any of the top morning sky, I would add some back in as the current crop seems a little "tight" to me.

My .02,

Reactions: spb

tsjanik

I too think it adds, not detracts, especially with the lighting pattern extending radially from it across the open water. But that said, if you happen to have cropped out any of the top morning sky, I would add some back in as the current crop seems a little "tight" to me.

My .02,
Thanks Jack I agree. In fact, I considered removing the sun because it is too close to the top not because I didn't want it in the image. A framing error, not a crop. I was paying too much attention to the rocks at the bottom of the frame. I may add some sky by cloning. Shouldn't be difficult as there is zero detail, just some subtle color change.

Shashin

Thanks Jack I agree. In fact, I considered removing the sun because it is too close to the top not because I didn't want it in the image. A framing error, not a crop. I was paying too much attention to the rocks at the bottom of the frame. I may add some sky by cloning. Shouldn't be difficult as there is zero detail, just some subtle color change.
So, I am going to tell why I don't agree with Jack, not that Jack's idea is not valid, but I have a bit of a different take. I think if you enlarge the sky, it will diminish the appearance of the sun, making it seem smaller. This is connected to the effect of the "Moon Illusion." By having the sky tight, the sun will be more dominant--at least cognitively.

Status
Not open for further replies.