The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Jack I agree. In fact, I considered removing the sun because it is too close to the top not because I didn't want it in the image. A framing error, not a crop. I was paying too much attention to the rocks at the bottom of the frame. I may add some sky by cloning. Shouldn't be difficult as there is zero detail, just some subtle color change.
Actually really easy to do with PS's healing brush.

spb

Staff member
This morning in Lucerne I took 8 pictures and then got this message on my X1DII.
So after snapping it with my phone I restarted as instructed. The previous 2 pictures plus the one I had just taken were discarded.

This is the first time I have had any issues with said camera.

What I did then was simply retake the 3 pictures I had just taken before with no other changes to camera, same settings, card etc.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mexecutioner

A year ago a friend introduced us to the Hami melon. We'd never had it before and fell in love with it. We bought a few and saved the seeds. It took a while to go from seed to harvest, but this is the first one of the season. We let it ripen on the vine and it so much better than the store bought ones that are picked up early and ripen in transit.

Phase One IQ4150 / XF / SK 120mm LS BR

My Lovers Garden0730 MASTER copy.jpg

Grayhand

Hi, Ray,

Just got started this morning, way later than normal for me. I just checked back in this thread and noticed that something about this image of yours looks different than when I clicked "Like" yesterday. It has a "3D" impression on the left side that is terrific! And this is with your SWC. Very cool!:)
Glad you like it Dave!

It is easy ta say a lot of "hype" about this camera, but this camera and the digital back works really good together.
The SWC series of cameras ant the early models of the CFV back had a bad reputation, but with the 50C version, all is good.
So this is a combo that will stay with me.

And I don´t want to know anything about the 50c ll, it might be painful to my bank account...

Ray

dave.gt

Ray,

With the SWC set up the way you have it, you don't need another camera.:) what would be the point, with the images you have posted?

I am convinced it has more to do with the photographer bonding with the camera and lens than anything.

Thsnks again for sharing!:)

dave.gt

Perhaps, regarding the sun on the horizon in the image above... adding a little color to the Sun along with adding back the cropped sky would be interesting. There is a little pink/red in the sky above the Sun anyway, so adding the color would attract the eye toward the orb.

I love crafting an image... can't wait to see if all that works!:)

tsjanik

Perhaps, regarding the sun on the horizon in the image above... adding a little color to the Sun along with adding back the cropped sky would be interesting. There is a little pink/red in the sky above the Sun anyway, so adding the color would attract the eye toward the orb.

I love crafting an image... can't wait to see if all that works!:)
Here you go Dave :

Attachments

Grayhand

Ray,

With the SWC set up the way you have it, you don't need another camera.:) what would be the point, with the images you have posted?

I am convinced it has more to do with the photographer bonding with the camera and lens than anything.

Thsnks again for sharing!:)
Well Dave, I was a bit unclear in my previous post.

There are no plans of any kinds to replace my 903SWC, it has almost become a deeply, integrated part of my soul and body :cool:
And I really appreciate the facts that I can shoot film with it. And the lens is special because of its wide-angle.

The only complaint I have is the live view of the CFV50c. That I suspect is much better on the new version of the back.
That would be a useful focusing aid at large apertures.

Ray

spb

Staff member
That is some dress! The colour and shine is just something else. Some beautiful images on your website too Sahota.

Status
Not open for further replies.