The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

jng

Smoky Moon
H09_28_2020_0004-1-FrameShop.jpg
X1D | Zeiss 250 Superachromat + 1.4xE | f/11

As I was heading to bed last night I happened to catch a glimpse of the moon, which had taken on an orange color from the smoke that's been plaguing the SF Bay Area lately. Can't wait for fire season to be over...

John

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I love your work, Bill. There is a certain subtlety and delicacy that doesn't seem to be in fashion these days, but to me, your images are alive.
How kind of you, Abstraction. Thank you. Many years ago I was told that be a good photographer you should shoot the things you love. That's really all I do!
Bill

• Thanks
Reactions: spb

Mexecutioner

Yesterday when I came home from work I went to take a look at our beehives and right in front of them I noticed that one of the branches of our Hachiya persimmon had broken due to the excessive weight of the fruit.

I am normally pretty good at keeping branches light by thinning the fruit, but I missed this particular branch and paid the price. Made me sad, but decided to make a photo out of it before the leaves on the branch dried out.

I can't wait for this crop to be ready for harvest as they're one of my favorite fruits. My dog also loves them, but she knows not to get too close to the tree as the bees are too close for her comfort.

So, unexpectedly, the series of photos of garden treasures continues...

My Lovers Garden0754 MASTER CR copy.jpg

Phase One IQ4150 / XF / SK 55mm BR

Last edited:

dave.gt

Smoky Moon
View attachment 176813
X1D | Zeiss 250 Superachromat + 1.4xE | f/11
As I was heading to bed last night I happened to catch a glimpse of the moon, which had taken on an orange color from the smoke that's been plaguing the SF Bay Area lately. Can't wait for fire season to be over...

John
Love that one, John, :) but it is a sad Moon. I hope the fires will be over soon.:(

Dave

Reactions: spb

tsjanik

Yesterday when I came home from work I went to take a look at our beehives and right in front of them I noticed that one of the branches of our Hachiya persimmon had broken due to the excessive weight of the fruit.
Really enjoying your garden produce images. Is the persimmon branch hanging? No support is apparent.

vieri

When I am working on the landscape, if the weather and the scene allows I love to experiment with different focal lengths, looking for compositions inside a composition. This is Reynisfjara, in Iceland, at sunrise on a stormy day:

4 seconds, Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 30mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

11 seconds, Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 135mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing and commenting, best regards

Vieri

Ed Hurst

No. 3801 is Australia's most famous steam locomotive. Built in 1943, its streamlined shape just oozes the glamour and style of its era. Despite having lived in Australia since 2010 (barring 18 months back in England), I contrived never to see her running (its recent restoration is quite a saga - let's say it's complicated!).

Anyway, in recent months, she has finally run again and over the last week, ran some test/training runs to make sure the loco. crews are suitably skilled to operate her. I took the opportunity to slip out and get a few pictures.

(Both taken with Pentax 645Z; the bridge picture with the 28-45mm lens @ 29mm and the other shot with the 120mm A lens)

50393549852_c75d47a12b_b.jpg50392690738_60f4894161_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.