The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

darr

Fall is here. XF/150/55mm cropped.

View attachment 176943
@Bill Caulfeild-Browne WOW! That’s where I want to be right now!

I am a fan of Shawn James’ videos on his “My Self Reliance” YouTube channel and really wish I could be in Canada right now. If you are not familiar with Shawn’s videos, they are about his off-grid homesteading and cabin building somewhere in the Ontario wilderness. I was watching him yesterday and thought what an absolutely right time of year to be there, and your photo reminded me again of this beauty. Thank you!!

Best to you,
Darr

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

@Bill Caulfeild-Browne WOW! That’s where I want to be right now!

I am a fan of Shawn James’ videos on his “My Self Reliance” YouTube channel and really wish I could be in Canada right now. If you are not familiar with Shawn’s videos, they are about his off-grid homesteading and cabin building somewhere in the Ontario wilderness. I was watching him yesterday and thought what an absolutely right time of year to be there, and your photo reminded me again of this beauty. Thank you!!

Best to you,
Darr
Thank you, Darr. I'm very fortunate to live in a small town at the end of the peninsula separating Lake Huron from Georgian Bay and the surrounding area is largely wilderness and national and provincial parks. We're not as self reliant as Shawn James but are fairly self-sufficient. My home (and car) are powered by solar panels, we have our own well and sewage system. But we do need our local supermarket, post office and liquor store! No man is an island.

Still, our municipality has had no Covid cases at all, despite the masses of tourists that come up from Toronto, 300 kms (186 miles) away. Masks are mandatory here and people are very conscientious about social distancing. Photography is fairly "on your own" matter, so the pandemic has not gotten in my way.

Fingers crossed - and you stay safe too.
Bill

darr

Thank you, Darr. I'm very fortunate to live in a small town at the end of the peninsula separating Lake Huron from Georgian Bay and the surrounding area is largely wilderness and national and provincial parks. We're not as self reliant as Shawn James but are fairly self-sufficient. My home (and car) are powered by solar panels, we have our own well and sewage system. But we do need our local supermarket, post office and liquor store! No man is an island.

Still, our municipality has had no Covid cases at all, despite the masses of tourists that come up from Toronto, 300 kms (186 miles) away. Masks are mandatory here and people are very conscientious about social distancing. Photography is fairly "on your own" matter, so the pandemic has not gotten in my way.

Fingers crossed - and you stay safe too.
Bill
Thank you Bill, you as well
Darr

ShaunQ

I asked my neighbour if he had a monstera plant a few months ago, years ago they had one but it grew out of control so they chopped it out. Roll on a few weeks and I was home for my week off and I hear a thud on the ground whilst inside, he'd made a cutting from a friends place and threw it over the fence. Initially the plant had three leaves/stalks which were in pretty bad shape, I chopped off two and put it in a large jar of water for two months to propogate. One week I came home to find a new stalk/leaf growing so I pulled and planted it in a temporary pot...

Within two weeks from there it has rolled out and produced a new stalk, love these plants and their happy vibe. XF > IQ360 > 80

ShaunQ

Has been a weird weather year, winter usually dry and sunny here in North Queensland but we've seen intermittent showers throughout and more recently a hellish 6 weeks of strong wind, not much fun for a fly fisherman :( Fortunately we have a huge mud/mangrove/creek system which provides shelter if you feel like braving it with the saltwater crocodiles. A nice Barramundi caught late afternoon before the run home for a cold beer on the front porch...

FloatingLens

Has been a weird weather year, winter usually dry and sunny here in North Queensland but we've seen intermittent showers throughout and more recently a hellish 6 weeks of strong wind, not much fun for a fly fisherman :( Fortunately we have a huge mud/mangrove/creek system which provides shelter if you feel like braving it with the saltwater crocodiles. A nice Barramundi caught late afternoon before the run home for a cold beer on the front porch...

Nice impression, Shaun. And G'day to QLD! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.