The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj may

In March of this year, I published a review of the newly released Leica S3 camera. The review was based on my testing of the prototype before it went into production. In short, the camera was outstanding.

I have now received my own S3 camera and have started using it. Note that I purchase my gear from established resellers. I do not accept ambassador offers from any manufacturer in order that my reviews and recommendations are not influenced by a commercial relationship.

Everything that I described in the review applies to the released camera, with a few tweaks that improved some operational inconsistencies, which were to expected in a prototype.

The image below is one of the first that I made with the new camera, and APO-Macro_Summarit-S 120
Web-S3012410-20201012-2.jpg

spb

Staff member
XCD 30mm ISO 1600, F11, 0.3 SEC - 1 flash connected to Flash Out bounced and and hand-held, camera on tripod. Both severe crops.

16.10.20_TESTS_0001.jpg

XCD 90mm, 100 ISO, F3.2, 1/500th, Manual exposure.
Finally I have my Godox AD200 and the Godox XT2(N) and the 907X working together.
16.10.20_TESTS_0002.jpg

Last edited:

jng

Milky Way over Pigeon Point Lightstation
H10_16_2020_81-84_stitch_3x2_V2-FrameShop.jpg
Hasselblad X1D | XCD30 | f/3.5 | 23 sec | ISO 3200 | four-image vertical stitch

I had been thinking of heading down to Pescadero this week to catch the sun setting behind the Pigeon Point Lighthouse. Then I realized a new moon was coming, and with the hot and windy weather we've been having, this was a good opportunity to chase the Milky Way. And not miss dinner. :love:

We pulled up to the lighthouse well after dark only to find the parking lot jammed, with other photographers' LCDs swarming the area like fireflies. Clearly, it was a great idea albeit not an original one! We wound up heading down the road where there was quite a bit more elbow room to set up and enjoy the view. It was only a little sketchy after the handful of other photographers had all packed up and left...

John

dave.gt

Milky Way over Pigeon Point Lightstation
View attachment 177533
Hasselblad X1D | XCD30 | f/3.5 | 23 sec | ISO 3200 | four-image vertical stitch

I had been thinking of heading down to Pescadero this week to catch the sun setting behind the Pigeon Point Lighthouse. Then I realized a new moon was coming, and with the hot and windy weather we've been having, this was a good opportunity to chase the Milky Way. And not miss dinner. :love:

We pulled up to the lighthouse well after dark only to find the parking lot jammed, with other photographers' LCDs swarming the area like fireflies. Clearly, it was a great idea albeit not an original one! We wound up heading down the road where there was quite a bit more elbow room to set up and enjoy the view. It was only a little sketchy after the handful of other photographers had all packed up and left...

John

dave.gt

John,

Exquisite! Thank you for sharing that one!:):):)

Since I am unable to be out and about, I will only be able to share here what I see at home.

Since the "Leica S2 Shots"
thread is seemingly tucked away and visited less frequently, I sometimes have to post here as well.

This is what happens when one parks in the driveway instead of the garage, because it is 2020, and it is Fall...

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm:
Bruno Star Autumn October 2020 FINAL.jpeg

glennedens

Craig,

Wonderful image. Was that an 8" refractor or reflector :)

Glenn

Another view through my telescope; this is the Western Veil Nebula shown in inverted B&W. I like the way the inverted view really highlights the delicate filaments of gas and dust. The Western Veil Nebula is the remnant of a supernova explosion thousands of years ago. It sits about 1,470 light years away and spans a radius of 50 light years. This was taken with my IQ4150 attached using a Cambo body and Canon EOS lens board to my SkyWatcher Quattro 8" refractor (f/3.9) using 7 minute exposures at ISO 1600, 13 frames stacked and averaged to reduce noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.