The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

spb

Staff member
Golden Gate Fog at Sunset

WRS 1250 | IQ3100 | SK120 ASPH | f/11 | +/- 20mm stitch

After more than a few failed attempts, I finally managed to capture the fog as it drifted in through the Golden Gate. The city's skyscrapers bathed in the warm light of the setting sun was truly a sight to behold.

John
Glad you managed to keep some of the bridge in the image......

• Love
Reactions: jng

jng

Love seeing the variety of gear people bring to shoot the same scene!

How often do you see a MF or technical camera setup there?
Pretty much never, except when shooting with my photography homies. :love: The fellow next to me had three - count 'em three - Nikons set up on tripods. We chatted a bit but quite honestly I had no idea what he was up to as he hopped between them the entire time. It really was quite the scene, with groups of friends as well as people who apparently just happen to run into each other repeatedly at these iconic locations. Sunrise tends to be less crowded but I've still found myself having to work around others in the pre-dawn darkness...

John

Jared

Golden Gate Fog at Sunset
View attachment 177810
WRS 1250 | IQ3100 | SK120 ASPH | f/11 | +/- 20mm stitch

After more than a few failed attempts, I finally managed to capture the fog as it drifted in through the Golden Gate. The city's skyscrapers bathed in the warm light of the setting sun was truly a sight to behold.

John
I think so but it looks like you found a different and less common vantage point! I was jostling among quite a crowd on Tuesday evening (I never claimed to be original)...
View attachment 177863
I was a little farther down the hill than you for the first two shots I took, but left before you as the fog was climbing too high to show much of the towers. My third shot was taken from just above the Baker-Berry tunnel. I was driving home by then but pulled over when the light got so nice. You waited it out at the bridge—I didn’t.

Reactions: spb

jng

I was a little farther down the hill than you for the first two shots I took, but left before you as the fog was climbing too high to show much of the towers. My third shot was taken from just above the Baker-Berry tunnel. I was driving home by then but pulled over when the light got so nice. You waited it out at the bridge—I didn’t.
Right. I really like the view and composition of your final image - will definitely need to explore different vantage points on future expeditions!

Jared

Pretty much never, except when shooting with my photography homies. :love: The fellow next to me had three - count 'em three - Nikons set up on tripods. We chatted a bit but quite honestly I had no idea what he was up to as he hopped between them the entire time. It really was quite the scene, with groups of friends as well as people who apparently just happen to run into each other repeatedly at these iconic locations. Sunrise tends to be less crowded but I've still found myself having to work around others in the pre-dawn darkness...

John
Three cameras at the same time? I’ve seen people do that for astrophotography when capturing red, green, and blue separately using the same mount. Can’t think of a reason to do that with terrestrial photography, though. Maybe different focal lengths? Who knows. I agree with you that full frame is MUCH more common in the Bay Area at these iconic spots. I can remember a night at Bixby Creek Bridge in Big Sur last summer that drew so many people it was hard to find a spot to stand. Tons of people trying to paint the bridge with flashlights as well which messed it up for anyone who WASN’T trying for that look. Out of a hundred or so photographers, though, I was the only one I saw with a medium format camera.

D

Deleted member 7792

Just a couple recent ones.. The afternoon light in my daughter's playroom is great.

45P / 907x

Flowers from the grocery store.. 500C/M + 4/180 CF + 55mm Macro tube, CFVii50c.

Thanks for using my FrameShop script, Brandon. Looking good.

Joe

scho

Yesterday it was 81 degrees F here in Ithaca, NY. After an over night cold front we were today at 40 degrees F with rain. So, today I looked around for some indoor photo ops. Tried the Hasselblad implementation for focus bracketing with the 907x. Works as it should, but I still prefer the Fuji GFX model that is more intuitive and only requires near and far point focus point settings with the software determining number of shots and intermediate focus settings. Here are two kitchen countertop focus stacks using the 45/4 on the 907x. Stacks were generated using Zerene Stacker.

Onions (6 shot stack)

Apples (14 shot stack)

Status
Not open for further replies.