The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images 2021

Thorkil

Had this immature Bald Eagle land right next to me on a viewing platform. He looked at me here and I'm pretty sure he/she thought "are we good" before eviscerating a vole in front of me...

D500 300mm PF
what an extraordinary and wonderful picture!

Darin Marcus

Trying new combos...

Took the 60mm f/2.8G Micro off the D810 and put the 24mm f/1.8G on - it's been a while since I last used this combo. Let's see what comes out of it this time...
Then put the 60 Micro on the Z50 using the FTZ adapter (the very first time using this combo), for that 90mm macro feeling:

Nikon Z50, FTZ adapter, AFS Micro Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G, 1/320, f/8, ISO 400, handheld, no VR no problem, shot at flower level using the tilted LCD, cropped to 16:9 (today)
Click on the photo to see full (posted) size.

Sorry for the wandering eye composition...

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Trying to perfect my C1 B&W conversions and think I'm getting a little better dialed in on a few things... Baby egret fishing, captured in 2020 but reprocessed in 2021, so I assume this is where I should post it:

Nikon Z7, 75-300AF-P at 300 and heavily cropped, f6.3 1/320 ISO 140

Darin Marcus

Darin..."Local Roots" or "Holding Hands"? :)
Ha ha - “Holding Hands” is a great caption for that photo, thank you Dave!

”Local roots” was a comment about the location - that is, these are not from the Manassas National Battlefield Park like the other tree roots I’ve posted before, but from a place closer to home: the Green Spring Gardens Park in Alexandria.

D&A

Oh I originally got the reference of "Local Roots" when you wrote it and liked the title very much. It's just when I saw the image, the 1st thing I thought of was "In Love" ....but at the same time, the intertwining roots may have only evolved to the point of "Holding Hands" ....love comes later (if it works out) :).

Dave (D&A)

Last edited: