The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images 2021

Darin Marcus

Hi there... Bill, is that you?... I haven't seen you since Florida!

Nikon Z50, Nikon Z TC-2.0X, Nikkor Z 70-200mm f/2.8 S @ 400mm (600mm equiv.), 1/500sec, f/8, ISO 100 (Meadowlark Botanical Gardens, November 2020)

After all that bird activity at Huntley Meadows Park late last year, I went back to the Meadowlark Botanical Gardens for one last 2020 visit, and what did I see...

Last edited:

Darin Marcus

Reprocessed this one with the new Nikon NX Studio. It will take me a while to adjust from the Capture NX-D workflow. And I am still using Lightroom Classic for the (minimal) finishing touches and the export to web size/color profile/JPEG...

Nikon 1 J5, 1 Nikkor VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 (May 2016)

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Took a short drive to Coyote Valley at the South end of Silicon Valley and it's apparent spring is springing here. California fresh green and the new growth on local trees showing some subtle red and yellowish hues always seems to catch my eye this time of year; and while admittedly not a great shot, hopefully at least one that gives off a little bit of that feeling.

PS: I also have to say I really do love Nikon color!

Nikon Z7, 24-70/2.8 at 42mm, f8

Darin Marcus

Darin, my previous posted image was from the Maryland side! :)
I thought so... for the past 5+ years I‘ve only visited the Maryland side, and the POV in your photo was very familiar to me :)

"Bird in Flight" (#1 of series). Gunpowder Falls State Park. Hereford Area, Maryland
That park seems like a very nice place to visit... unfortunately it is outside of my normal travel distances these days :(
Anywho, I am getting ready for the Spring season at Huntley Meadows...

Reactions: D&A