The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images 2021

D&A

I thought so... for the past 5+ years I‘ve only visited the Maryland side, and the POV in your photo was very familiar to me :)

That park seems like a very nice place to visit... unfortunately it is outside of my normal travel distances these days :(
Anywho, I am getting ready for the Spring season at Huntley Meadows...
I haven't been to Huntley Meadows in ages, especially when it routinely became overcrowded. Still a wonderful place for photographic opportunities and at some point would love to return to it.

Gunpowder Falls State Park isn't all that far from Great Falls (as far as the crow flies), but generally to take advantage of it at certain times of the year, requires a boat (or kayak in my case). Everyone is looking forward to when life moves on and has some semblance to normalcy.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Another familiar image from a shoot several weeks back, but I finally had some free time to properly edit it in PS with a good luminosity mask. This type of editing power is the main reason I keep PS on my system as selected masking in C1 is not yet up to the capability of what's available in PS. This is all from one file still output from C1, but then some masks generated in PS for appropriate edits to enhance the detail and color present but not very visible in the C1 conversion.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Still playing around with B&W in C1. This majestic old oak was captured on yesterday's walk along a creek by our little cabin in the Sierras. Z72 and 35S lens at f8; then converted to mono, light sepia and added grain in C1. There are also a couple subtle layer adjustments done in C1 on this image. FWIW I am finding the layer tool in C1 enough improved for basic edits I no longer wait to do them in PS -- but for more complex masking and layer blending, PS still rules the day and by a hefty margin IMHO...

PS: In the very upper left of the tree you can see a small "blob" -- zooming into it, I can see it's a squirrel straddling the tips of the branch while he watches us, and somewhat surprisingly, the lens and body combo actually renders his ears clearly at that distance.

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
From today's walk, took out my 60mm petzval trying to find an excuse to like it... It's definitely a specialty lens, and I think I'm losing patience trying to find appropriate subject matter for it. Maybe I need to be in a mood, IDK. Anyway, captured this "wall art" stamped into a concrete wall at a local baseball field. It's really the most interesting image I managed. B&W done in C1 and most of the vignette is natural for this lens, though I did augment it slightly.