The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images 2021

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
From today's drive home through the CA Sierra Foothills. Spring has arrived ;) Pretty much as shot with my typical web output processing done in C1 and PS. Interesting note on this file. The 2048px jpeg (max quality) was 2.4MB and too large for the site to accept. My guess is there is pretty phenomenal detail in the tiny flowers from that (amazing) lens even in this reduced jpeg. I had to set it to Medium size 5 to get it to save. FTR< the foreground flowers are not in my intended PoF so are in fact soft. From ¼ frame up, all should appear pretty crisp.

Last edited:

Darin Marcus

It seems that Mount Vernon's Revolutionary War Weekend is going to take place this year (was canceled last year). I will try to go there with my Z 70-200mm f/2.8 S...

Nikon 1 J5, 1 Nikkor VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 @181mm (488mm equiv.), 1/250, f/5.6, ISO 160 (Manassas National Battlefield Park, April 2021)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
From today's walk. We had some rain yesterday, and then mixed sunshine today and the wildflowers seemed to love it. I was drawn to the way the filtered lighting accentuated the color of this one. I believe it's a poppy of some sort: