The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images 2021

Shashin

Nikon Z fc with 16-50 at 16mm iso 100 1/80 f10 through NX-studio, Helicon Focus (just 2 pictures handheld merged) and C1

thorkil
Thorkill, interesting choice. Any reason you went with Nikon for an APS-C camera and not back to Fuji? (We miss you, man.)

Thorkil

Thorkill, interesting choice. Any reason you went with Nikon for an APS-C camera and not back to Fuji? (We miss you, man.)
Hi Will, thank you for kind and encouraging remarks.

Photography is a strange thing, very mood-oriented, for my part.

When I got the fc home and unpacked, my first thought was, why on earth did I have to buy that, the vision was just a button version of the Z6/7,

being totally straightforward….in the absence of a fullframe mini-df, it could be a nice thing for street etc.

No, its not that feeling creeping in.

My son are about trying selling my Fuji X-T2 and X-T3, so I keep the X-E3, with the 18/2 (exceptional for street, or just around), together with the 16/1.4 and the 90/2.

Why on earth didn’t I just stick to that X-E3 and put the 18/2 on, it has aperture ring, is very soft in the corners, not especially good in traditional high-resolution etc. judgement, but ideal for street and small walkaround camera and do have special old unperfect character that could make photo life (perhaps solely in B&W) just as funny as the Ricoh GR made my life (the GR just missed the viewfinder).

But Nikon has made me more confidence in general, but not sure at all the fc is a good substitute for the X-E3.

So…there I am..

gurtch

I shot this back in Nov. 2014 with Nikon D800E, which I no longer have, and 60mm Macro lens at f16, 1.3 seconds, ISO 200. What made me think of it, is the wife was cutting red peppers and showed me one that was really beautiful. It reminded me that I had made some shots of peppers in our sink. My "Filing System" worked and I was able to find the images.
Dave in NJD625 small jpg peppers in our sink_DSC2993.jpg

Thorkil

Hi Bart, just a short PS.

As a youngster I was a huge fan of not only cold-needle etchings, but also various kinds of etchings, aquatint and such things, where the surfaces sort are able to evaporate/dissolve the forms from reality, to get the graphic expression, where parts of the graphic surface interact in a sort of peculiar way.

And sometimes higher contrast, grains etc. or other takes, can help the eye/brain to liberate itself from focus on reality and turn the vision/perception into more graphic direction, and set the graphic elements in the surface into a more free interaction, like “free parts” of a puzzle at the stage about just being put together
😊