The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images 2021

Fredrick

These are my keepers from the last few years. Shot on the 14-24mm nikkor, 35mm sigma art and D850

The following last one is my attempt at some real estate/architecture. I recently got an internship as a real estate photographer, and have been very busy with it. I can confidently say that I love it.

Thorkil

Palazzo della Ragione - Verona

Please click - Nikon Zfc with 16-50DX at iso100 1/320 f3.5 through C1pro21

(Yes I know - therefore just some remarks: I don't like symmetry as a starting point (sometimes or seldom it works but often it don't), and keystone don't work here - it looks terrible - keystone in generel often make buildings look twice as big at the top as at the basement, and thats weird and actually looks terrible and unnatural. Buildings made from the Roman Empire and on, don't have symmetry, take a look at the windows surrounding the entrance here above. 1½ window to the right 3 to the left - thats a grip with huge courage!, masterly made and create unnoticed (one feel it instictly and unawarely, I can ensure you) or noticed tension. You find no palaces in Venice the have symmetry at the facades, if they are at risk of getting there, they pull pull out a row of windows to ensure the sufficient un-symmetry - unsymmetry is mentally healthkeeping and prevent life-threatening boredom)
:)

thorkil

Thorkil

Guilty.
I'm guilty in further CO2-exhaust. Apologies (but..at least I'm supporting Nikon..and the edgesharpness of my own..)
I just had to have it...the Z14-24/2.8S

Nikon Z7 with Z14-24/2.8S at iso1600 1/50s f7.1 14mm through C1pro21win
thorkil

Thorkil

...and the Z14-24S just begged for some fresh air in the wood...

Nikon Z7 with Z14-24/2.8S at iso1100 1/60s f10 14mm through C1pro21win

Nikon Z7 with Z14-24/2.8S at iso72 1/25s f2.8 14mm through C1pro21win

Nikon Z7 with Z14-24/2.8S at iso64 1/20s f4 14mm through C1pro21win

Nikon Z7 with Z14-24/2.8S at iso1250 1/60s f10 14mm through C1pro21win
thorkil

nathantw

Not long after the start of lunar eclipse last night.
Nikon D810, Nikkor 400mm f/5.6 ED-IF Ai-S, TC-301, f/11, 1/30

The overcast clouds and rain gave me a small window to take a photo of the full eclipse.
Nikon D810, Nikkor 400mm f/5.6 ED-IF Ai-S, TC-301, f/11, 1 sec.

Thorkil

Congrats on your new lens!
Thank you, Darin! The display only work occasionally, I've tried to rub the contacts, but no improvements. I hope not I have to deliver it back, while its on backorder, and there might be a huge demand, with the upcoming Z9...sigh

Darin Marcus

Thank you, Darin! The display only work occasionally, I've tried to rub the contacts, but no improvements. I hope not I have to deliver it back, while its on backorder, and there might be a huge demand, with the upcoming Z9...sigh
You mean sometimes when you press the DISP button on the lens the display remains dark and shows no info?

Thorkil

You mean sometimes when you press the DISP button on the lens the display remains dark and shows no info?
yes, it seems always, not to react on the display-button. I have agreed with the dealer that I will contact the authorized Nikon workshop after the dealer has notified them.
So we will see. but I will very rather unhappy without it for a long time, and would also rather not have the workshop begin to disassemble the lens.

Darin Marcus

yes, it seems always, not to react on the display-button. I have agreed with the dealer that I will contact the authorized Nikon workshop after the dealer has notified them.
So we will see. but I will very rather unhappy without it for a long time, and would also rather not have the workshop begin to disassemble the lens.
That's weird... hope your lens gets fixed/replaced quickly!

Thorkil

That's weird... hope your lens gets fixed/replaced quickly!
Thanks, I was considering to let the display go, while I dont think I will ever use it, and I really think I will keep the lens as long as I will carry on doing pictures, but realistic it will cut down the resalevalue drastic, so.. I will write I fellow I know at Nikon just to hear if I can get it switched to a new one quickly. And its still a nice feeling to see the "Nikon" hello on the display when turning the camera on (the 2 time it worked)