The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images 2021

Swissblad

I was going for a quite dramatic image with this one. I hope I succeeded and didn't overdo it.

Nikon D850, Sigma Art 135mm f/1.8 @ f/8
A fine image with a lovely touch of drama - personally I would darken the foreground just a tad - as this would assist in leading the viewers gaze up through the landscape and clouds towards the moon (which is really lovely with a nice size and retained detail. At the moment, I find it difficult on what I should focus on, with my eye wandering back and forth.

Fredrick

A fine image with a lovely touch of drama - personally I would darken the foreground just a tad - as this would assist in leading the viewers gaze up through the landscape and clouds towards the moon (which is really lovely with a nice size and retained detail. At the moment, I find it difficult on what I should focus on, with my eye wandering back and forth.
Something like this?

Thorkil

well, something a bit else...the Z100-400S, that ought to be coming soon - from Brad Hill:
" And...a quick update on my coming "First Impressions - the Nikkor 100-400mm f4.5-5.6S" blog entry: I HOPE to have that blog entry up by the end of this weekend. I have done sufficient testing of it (against some VERY high end lenses) that I feel I'm on solid ground making some pretty bold comments about the 100-400's optical performance (hint: it's very, very good!). In my initial blog entry on it I will be discussing its optical performance for it when shot natively (i.e, sans TC). And, in the near future I will be testing (and shortly thereafter reporting on) how the Z-mount 70-200mm f2.8S plus z-mount 2x TC stacks up against the new Nikkor 100-400mm f4.5-5.6S (I have a LOT of folks emailing me with this test request). "
sounds exiting

Fredrick

Working on my black and whites really, really makes me want to get back into 8x10 film photography. I think I'll keep my digital setup squarely for work. I have had two negatives sent to drum scanning this week, excited to get them back.

Here's yet another dramatic black and white image. Shot with the Nikon D850, Sigma Art 35mm f/1.4 @ f/5.6. I processed this through dxo photolab (no ugly shadow/highlight haloing such as in LR), Silver Efex, used super-resolution in LR and set the white and black points manually in photoshop, along with some manual micro-contrast enhancements. I'll be happy to elaborate if anyone wishes so.

Thorkil

Time to visit Venice...when you have it mostly to yourself ;)

Yes Rayyan, its the wintertime in Venice that is special
Just a Hasselblad SWC picture from a winter long time ago, to illustrate, walking around alone in the winterevenings in Venice is such a moody, tiny bit spooky, but extremely rewarding feeling

(sorry, but its the ground-surface tilting)
thorkil