The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorkil

A few more from Venice. Z7 and 24-70mm/4.

Yes Arne, I've got Hasselblad film camera's since 1993, and walked Venice thin for several weeks with the SWC, a Nikon F80 (as lightmeeter) and a Gitzo, so everything was nice and very slow.
Nothing compares to Venice. Like the SWC, Venice has a special place in my heart. So I therefore I just had to get the used X1D when it came as a bargain (here in Corona..) and 2 years warranty on top, to put my FE-lenses on.

I just wonder, this picture you has taken from Giudecca, but you are rather high up here, and I remember Giudecca as with lower buildings as these at Zattere.., and you are at 70mm and heavy crop I guess, while the canal is rather broad here.
By the way one see the corner of the wonderful boatyard for Gondolas (Squero di San Trovaso - one of the two remaining old ones), the church behind which got two main-entrences, because it was sponsored by two rich family's, when builded, and they could not agree upon which of them should walk in as first-family, so they had to build another entrence, to arrive syncron and with same status-level (if only the world would suffer from such small problems...),
and by the bridge behind the boatyard , at the right there is this very cosy and unique little bar "Cantine del Vino già Schiavi", where you next time has to visit and ask for a glass of Fragolino-bianco, when cold, it taste like heaven, and even it is forbidden, you can just ask for a bottle, take the white, the red is too sweat, there will be no labels on, and the shape of the bottle is like the taste of it...formed in heaven. :rolleyes:
(ps. love your Venice-pictures)

Last edited:

KeithL

Two additions to the series Dark Times. Birds 1 & 2. Nikon Z7, Micro-NIKKOR 55mm f/2.8 Ai-S with FTZ adapter.

Arne Hvaring

Yes Arne, I've got Hasselblad film camera's since 1993, and walked Venice thin for several weeks with the SWC, a Nikon F80 (as lightmeeter) and a Gitzo, so everything was nice and very slow.
Nothing compares to Venice. Like the SWC, Venice has a special place in my heart. So I therefore I just had to get the used X1D when it came as a bargain (here in Corona..) and 2 years warranty on top, to put my FE-lenses on.

I just wonder, this picture you has taken from Giudecca, but you are rather high up here, and I remember Giudecca as with lower buildings as these at Zattere.., and you are at 70mm and heavy crop I guess, while the canal is rather broad here.
By the way one see the corner of the wonderful boatyard for Gondolas (Squero di San Trovaso - one of the two remaining old ones), the church behind which got two main-entrences, because it was sponsored by two rich family's, when builded, and they could not agree upon which of them should walk in as first-family, so they had to build another entrence, to arrive syncron and with same status-level (if only the world would suffer from such small problems...),
and by the bridge behind the boatyard , at the right there is this very cosy and unique little bar "Cantine del Vino già Schiavi", where you next time has to visit and ask for a glass of Fragolino-bianco, when cold, it taste like heaven, and even it is forbidden, you can just ask for a bottle, take the white, the red is too sweat, there will be no labels on, and the shape of the bottle is like the taste of it...formed in heaven. :rolleyes:
(ps. love your Venice-pictures)
Hi Thorkil, thank you for the interesting info and congrat. with the X1D!. You are obviously well versed in Venetian local lore. Unfortunately our stop was only for two days, so time was too limited for in-depth exploration this time. As for the image in question: you are right it is taken from a high vantage point, namely the 13th deck of a cruiseship slowly gliding past. No cropping needed :) I'll make a note of that bar:thumbup:

KeithL

Additions to the series Dark Times. Birds 3 & 4. Nikon Z7, Micro-NIKKOR 55mm f/2.8 Ai-S with FTZ adapter.

No lives were harmed in the making of these images, including my own.

Thorkil

Hi Thorkil, thank you for the interesting info and congrat. with the X1D!. You are obviously well versed in Venetian local lore. Unfortunately our stop was only for two days, so time was too limited for in-depth exploration this time. As for the image in question: you are right it is taken from a high vantage point, namely the 13th deck of a cruiseship slowly gliding past. No cropping needed :) I'll make a note of that bar:thumbup:
Hi Arne, :) ok, that explains the steeper angle.
They have been talking for several years to forbid cruise-ships, because they are ruining the foundations placed on wooden poles standing side by side in millions and millions in number.
And they have as well in decades been talking of limiting the tourism which is increasing every year with increasing numbers of people worldwide who can afford to travel.
Corona has given the world a much needed but short respite.
But in a moment, "here we go again...", still speeding up towards the edge...

KeithL

The Joker. New single shot capture, physically modified subject, different background. Z7, Micro-NIKKOR 55mm f/2.8 Ai-S with FTZ adapter.

rayyan

Thanks folks :)

Both my sons are now senior medical consultants! One graduated from the U.S, the other from Canada.

Nikon E 8700, Hokkaido Japan.

p.s the packet of Marlboros are mine :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.