The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Quarantine Photography 101, "Vacant House." Z7, 24-70/4 @ 24mm & f6.3, de-key-stoned and cropped to square in C1:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Yesterday's walk. The Z7 with the 14-30, both at 14mm @ f6.3. About 1 stop of vignette added in post for effect, the lens does not vignette that much naturally ;)

A new local ballpark that should be filled with kids, but isn't being used at all. (Just FYI, the 14-30's hood is pressed up against the chain-link for this capture ;) ):

And next, a version 2 of the vacant house:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
From today's sojourn, another old gate. This "J Gate" is original to the house, which was built about 100 years ago. The "J" hinge stands for the last name of the family that built it, Job. Their grandaughter, who is perhaps a little older than me, still lives there(!)

Z7, 50/1.8S wide open at f1.8. Converted to B&W in C1. (PS: I am most impressed by the Z7 sensor in this harsh-light capture -- look at the detail remaining in both the highlights and the shadows. Not only that, I did add a wee bit of black and bumped contrast a bit as well... Pretty impressive, at least to me.):

Darin Marcus

One last time, with the old faithful...

Nikon D810, AF-P Nikkor VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6E @ 300mm, 1/200, f/5.6, ISO 64 (April 25, 2020)

Nikon D810, AF-P Nikkor VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6E @ 185mm, 1/160, f/5.6, ISO 64 (April 25, 2020)

May the Force be with you... always...

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
From today's walk, playing with a newly acquired macro. Nikon Z7, FTZ+Tamron 90mm macro at f4 handheld. These flowers are about the diameter of a shirt button:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
From a walk a few days back, spied in what I'm guessing was a child's "play fortress" :) Z7 with adapted 35mm all-manual Petzval, about f4 with a little crop:

buggz

I think these are called Shamrocks?, guessing by the leaf pattern, as I know it.
We have them in our yard, they grow wild.
I have seen 3 different flower variants in our yard, all white, all yellow, and these purple ones you show here.
The white flowered ones are same size as these, and bigger.
The yellow flowered ones are much smaller than these purple ones.

From today's walk, playing with a newly acquired macro. Nikon Z7, FTZ+Tamron 90mm macro at f4 handheld. These flowers are about the diameter of a shirt button:

Thorkil

beautiful, Rayyan, nice to see a Df swinging and processing again. I miss it, but it's just there within my reach, so just a matter of time and mood...
(and I certainly wouldn't mind a further Df-flow(!)...:rolleyes:)
best Thorkil

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Got a 105 VR macro to play with. Just having fun after today's walk. Z7, 105 VR macro, f5.6:

rayyan

Thanks Thorkil, and all the other wonderful folk for the ‘ likes ‘.

Taken a while back.

Stay safe.
beautiful, Rayyan, nice to see a Df swinging and processing again. I miss it, but it's just there within my reach, so just a matter of time and mood...
(and I certainly wouldn't mind a further Df-flow(!)...:rolleyes:)
best Thorkil

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Sloth and Monkey? Z7, 105 VR Macro/FTZ, handheld f4, converted to mono in C1:

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Another from the 105VR macro -- really starting to like this lens for its bokeh... Z7/FTZ, 105VR macro at f5.6. Output jpeg processed and cropped square in C1:

Status
Not open for further replies.