The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
So JD... Are these older images or did you give up on Canon and come back to Nikon?

jdphoto

Jack,
They are older images from when I owned the Z. I'm still shooting with the Canon RP and do love the colors and lenses, but am very careful when shooting at f/1.2 for paid work with the EF/RF 50mm 1.2. and FD 85mm 1.2. Actually, for those assignments I keep it at f/1.8 or f/2 to be sure I have more DOF, unless specifically going for a special look when I can take my time. The Z's 50mm 1.8S does a great job as both of these portraits are some of my favorites. It probably resolves better than any lens i've owned. The new Z camera line up is tempting too...

Swissblad

Thank you for the comments. I really appreciate it. It inspires and encourages like no other.
On that note, here's another with the Z7 and 50mm 1.8. I'm finding the beauty of f/1.8 gives a very shallow DOF, but so much more forgiving of f/1.2!
Gorgeous portrait - I've never been a 50mm person - BUT - this is very tempting

:cool:

D&A

ok, this time i made sure these were done with a nikon body. goes back a few years but still most satisfying. Great Falls ParkView attachment 176485View attachment 176486
Been a while since I went through recent postings here on the Nikon forum, especially that I have shot "Nikon" DSLR's since their inception. Some truly fantastic images by all! I quoted the above post & image by Paladin as it brought back fond memories of my white water Kayaking days at that very location (Great Fall) for years. I'm now safely ensconced in a touring and/or tandem kayak on calm waters often with a camera nearby or driving over these waters via the American legion (Cabin John) bridge. Far more saner that way. :)

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

Darin Marcus

I upgraded my iMac to Big Sur and now Capture NX-D no longer exports files (they get placed in the batch processing queue and then nothing happens).
Long story short, I converted this for the web in Lightroom Classic...

Nikon Z50, Nikkor Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5 - 6.3 VR

Click on image to see full size.

Status
Not open for further replies.