The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorkil

some mood in the wood today...
(click to enlarge)

Nikon Z7+1.4TC+FTZ+70-200/4 at iso560 1/400 f5.6 280mm C1pro20win - 200% crop

Nikon Z7+1.4TC+FTZ+70-200/4 at iso1800 1/400 f5.6 280mm C1pro20win

Nikon Z7+1.4TC+FTZ+70-200/4 at iso3200 1/400 f6.3 280mm C1pro20win

Nikon Z7+1.4TC+FTZ+70-200/4 at iso3200 1/400 f5.6 260mm C1pro20win

Nikon Z7+1.4TC+FTZ+70-200/4 at iso3200 1/400 f5.6 260mm C1pro20win

thorkil

Last edited:

Thorkil

Bought the famous Nikkor 28/1.4D back in August 2017 (Jack to blaim again :p), and havn't been using it, almost at all. Took it out in the wood today but forgot to add NEF files, so it had to be jpegs straight out the camera, well this one just added a tiny bit classic clarity in C1, thats all.
But that lens surprises me, super sharp (not to be judged by this photo though) and some colours which in all are more pleasing than those from the S-line, I'm afraid to say. But adapted with only manual focus. But setting the AF-ON button for enlarging 100% its fairly simple at the spot where you putted the normal AF-single point with the joystick. The bokeh wide open can be special and smooth in its own artistic way, without the small reflection-rings in strong contra-light being overdone in the too harsh way, I think...

thorkil

rayyan

Thorkil, I need to use mine.
Typical of the lens with all its beautiful aberrations!

Stay safe.

Bought the famous Nikkor 28/1.4D back in August 2017 (Jack to blaim again :p), and havn't been using it, almost at all. Took it out in the wood today but forgot to add NEF files, so it had to be jpegs straight out the camera, well this one just added a tiny bit classic clarity in C1, thats all.
But that lens surprises me, super sharp (not to be judged by this photo though) and some colours which in all are more pleasing than those from the S-line, I'm afraid to say. But adapted with only manual focus. But setting the AF-ON button for enlarging 100% its fairly simple at the spot where you putted the normal AF-single point with the joystick. The bokeh wide open can be special and smooth in its own artistic way, without the small reflection-rings in strong contra-light being overdone in the too harsh way, I think...

thorkil

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Alas, the 28/1.4D was absolutely ahead of its time. I understand Nikon sold the few they made for less than they actually cost to make just to get them out. I sold mine when I sold out of my F system. On reflection, it and 2 others I wish I had kept. But there we are.

Thorkil

Rayyan, good to hear, the lens seems to have a lot of hidden treasures, you have to try it out on the Z6(y), zoom set at af-on is just at your thumb, and 100% is rather quick used (200% way too much).
Jack, sorry to hear, but life might be too short to try it all out...
The 28/1.4D once again at the Z7, but at f4.5...by the our favorite bench in the remote part of Dyrehaven:

Thorkil

Status
Not open for further replies.