The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with "Obsolete" Nikons

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Ah, the D700....what a machine.....the 1st DSLR we fell in love with....truly an icon!

Fortunately we still have one..mine got dunked in the Baltic Sea....need to take it for a spin again.
Back then, I kept complaining about the complexity of modern cameras. But compared to current cameras, the D700 was a dream of simplicity. Then there's this "shine" that photos from certain cameras have.

I see they sell for $3-500. That's a fair price for a great tool.

dave.gt

We are in-between Rose bloom flushes this week but looking back, I am happy to say the second flush will start in four weeks.

Nikon D2x :
July 4th 2019 Fence Flag FINAL D2x.jpeg

July 4th 2019 Ground Flag FINAL D2x.jpeg

1st of July Flag D2x FINAL.jpeg

dave.gt

Yesterday, I checked the D2x battery and decided to charge it. Of course, then I had an excuse to walk around the garden to survey the overall condition of everything and plan some work with thexD2x in hand.

I noticed some new red climbing rose buds inching their way up the arbor.

Nikon D2x
Nikon 28-105mm on macro:
Red Climbing Rose by D2x July 2021.jpg

dave.gt

New gear… meh… anyone can push a button.

it is much more difficult sprinting indoors to find a camera with a charged battery and the right lens to catch Harry before he found a hiding place.

It is still “the best camera is the one you have with you”!:)

D2x 28-105 macro:
FFB95A33-0121-42EA-AF48-8AB48F8F26FF.jpeg