The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Sony Cameras 2021

pegelli

I went to visit an old farm in the neighbourhood

The front garden needs a bit of maintenance

But I managed to find the front door

No doorbell, so I tried the knocker

No answer, and also at the side door nobody came

No living soul on the inner court, just some equipment left behind

In its prime it must have been quite a place, with the black/white/yellow painting of all the woodwork, but it needs a little work now to come back and shine

All A7ii + Voigtländer APO Lanthar 65/2 macro

JNB54

Abandoned Teleglobe Satellite Earth Station. Built in 1964 in rural Nova Scotia, this complex carried satellite television and other communications for a large portion of Canada and the US. It was one of only two in North America, and only five world-wide. Canadians watched the 1972 Canada-Russia hockey series, the Ali-Foreman "Rumble in the Jungle", and many other events live, courtesy of this station. It was decommissioned in the mid 80's.

DSC02026-Pano-Edit-Edit.jpg

DSC02033-Edit.jpg

DSC02016-Edit.jpg
DSC02019-Edit.jpg
DSC02020-Edit.jpg

scho

Myers Point on the east shore of Cayuga Lake at the mouth of Salmon Creek. Sony A6000M with PZ 16-50 kit lens and B+W 040 orange filter. 2 shots in landscape orientation stitched.

A couple of miles upstream on Salmon Creek, in the sleepy little village of Ludlowville, we reach the end of the line for spawning salmonids (rainbow trout in spring and salmon and brown trout in fall). An impassible falls that is too high (35 ft) for the fish to jump. 3 shots in portrait orientation stitched.

Another shot of the falls closer in. Also 3 shots stitched.

Last edited:

ggibson