The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Sony Cameras 2021

gurtch

A7RIV 24~105 lens at 68mm ISO 800, 1/60 at f10. I was running out of light and did not have my tripod. I focused on the clump of dune grass, as I wanted that to be sharp. The background, however, including the lighthouse is a bit soft, as it is slightly out of focus. I also converted the image to 4:3 format.
Dave in NJD864 framed.jpg

gurtch

I have never tried focus stacking, but this might have been a good place to use it, except the waves were moving. Anyone out there have a recommended program for focus stacking? I am 84 years old, and maybe I should try something new and different!
Thanks
Dave

scho

Hi Dave,

I'm another 84 yr old that likes to try new things. If you still have your Fuji GFX 50r try focus stacking using the in camera auto bracket feature (works very well) and then use either Zerene Stacker or Helicon Focus to generate the stacks from the bracketed files.

Best regards,
Carl

gurtch

Hi Dave,

I'm another 84 yr old that likes to try new things. If you still have your Fuji GFX 50r try focus stacking using the in camera auto bracket feature (works very well) and then use either Zerene Stacker or Helicon Focus to generate the stacks from the bracketed files.

Best regards,
Carl
Thanks Carl. I do remember something about focus bracketing with the gfx 50R. I will research it. I have used auto bracketing for exposure, then combined them using an HDR program, and it has worked well for me. I also use a Sony A7Riv, and the IBIS works so well I have used a 3 shot auto - exposure bracket using a monopod.
Thanks again, nice to know there are other "senior" enthusiasts.
Dave in Nj