The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Sony Cameras 2021

scho

You are lucky Greg
That looks like a cottonmouth to me ( a very large one )
Notice the triangular shaped head
Steer clear
Indicitcative of vipers (i.e. venomous snakes) :oops:
That was my first thought too, but looking closer it appears that this snake has round pupils and pit vipers like the cottonmouth have vertical pupils. Also could not see distinctive heat sensing pits which should be present between the eye and nostril for vipers. I would lean more to water snake or rat snake. Still wouldn't hurt to get an expert id and removal.

KC_2020

...looking closer it appears that this snake has round pupils and pit vipers like the cottonmouth have vertical pupils. Also could not see distinctive heat sensing pits which should be present between the eye and nostril for vipers. I would lean more to water snake ...
Good observations. That is a Water Snake.

Unless you have a Koi pond or pet frogs he's not a threat :D

AlanS

Both remind me of the TV series "Vera" which my wife and I watch (repeatedly)

HI Joe, yes this is the area along with a lot of the N.E. (Northumberland and County Durham) that it is filmed in. Me and the Wife play "spot the place" when we watch it! 😂 We are big fans as well.

Greg Haag

Trying to spend a little time getting used to the 200-600. So far, I am apparently not a bird in flight photographer, tracking has been a challenge and if I am successful with that my focus or motion blur has been an issue. The few in flight that I get right are just pure luck.

Sony A7R IV Sony 200-600 @600mm
_DSC0591-Edit.jpg

gurtch

MESSAGE FOR ABOVE PHOTOS....SORRY it did not post, Dave

Sony A7RIV 12-24mm lens at 24mm ISO 400 1/100 sec, f11 hand held. I was always under the impression that images made for the web or email should NOT be PROPHOTO, which is my working space on my calibrated monitor. My prints from my Epson printers seem to duplicate this color space very well. I was under the impression web images should be something like Epson RGB so I usually use that color space for web images. I am posting TWO images, first Pro Photo and the second Epsom RGB. When looked at side by side on my monitor the Epson RGB image really looses its color punch and subtleties. Should I use my working Space as my profile for web images? Thanks in advance. I will also post over on the processing board. Thanks in advance.
Dave in NJ
84 year old Amateur still learning